What's new

Hi everyone. Opinions on new system purchase. (1 Viewer)

Mike-Post

Grip
I'm new to the forum, and wanted to say hello.

I'm kind of a HT Newb, and was wondering what people thought of the system I purchased for my birthday. (8/17) :)

TV:
Sony KV34HS510

HTIB:
Philips MX3900D

So far I like the system, but I feel the equipment needs to be "tweaked" or I guess calibrated. Is that where the Avia DVD comes in?

Oh yeah, one other question:
My HTIB has a SPDIF "Digital In" jack, and my Dishnetwork 501PVR has a TOSLink "Digital Out" jack. I found a converter at partsexpress, but wasnt' sure if it was worth buying. Should I just stay with analog audio?

Thanks everyone.

Mike-Post

Hmmm...guess I haven't been here long enough to post URLs. :frowning:

NicholasL

Second Unit
Welcome to the forum! On here you'll find many helpful people, and you might even find that some are so good with their powers of persuasion that you'll find yourself wanting to upgrade all the time. Damn them.

Nice present by the way! The best present I ever got was a snowboard I think. And regarding your digital in/out question, maybe I don't understand it correctly but it would seem all you need to link the two is a single digital optical cable.

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
The Avia DVD is always recommended and another choice for a lot less money you could go with the Sound&Vision tune-up DVD.

Mike-Post

Grip
Welcome to the forum! On here you'll find many helpful people, and you might even find that some are so good with their powers of persuasion that you'll find yourself wanting to upgrade all the time. Damn them.

Nice present by the way! The best present I ever got was a snowboard I think. And regarding your digital in/out question, maybe I don't understand it correctly but it would seem all you need to link the two is a single digital optical cable.
Thanks for the greeting!

I'm sure I'll be asking a bazillion questions in the near future. :)

BTW, I deserved the present this year. :)

I cheaped out on the HTIB (Philips MX3900D) because of the cost of the TV. It had all of the features I wanted for now, at a decent price.($270 shipped) Next year I'll start building a better system.

Thanks again.

Mike-Post

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks