Hi everyone. Opinions on new system purchase.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Mike-Post, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Mike-Post

Mike-Post Extra

I'm new to the forum, and wanted to say hello.

I'm kind of a HT Newb, and was wondering what people thought of the system I purchased for my birthday. (8/17) [​IMG]

TV:
    Sony KV34HS510

HTIB:
    Philips MX3900D

So far I like the system, but I feel the equipment needs to be "tweaked" or I guess calibrated. Is that where the Avia DVD comes in?

Oh yeah, one other question:
    My HTIB has a SPDIF "Digital In" jack, and my Dishnetwork 501PVR has a TOSLink "Digital Out" jack. I found a converter at partsexpress, but wasnt' sure if it was worth buying. Should I just stay with analog audio?

Thanks everyone.

Mike-Post

Hmmm...guess I haven't been here long enough to post URLs. [​IMG]

2. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

Welcome to the forum! On here you'll find many helpful people, and you might even find that some are so good with their powers of persuasion that you'll find yourself wanting to upgrade all the time. Damn them.

Nice present by the way! The best present I ever got was a snowboard I think. And regarding your digital in/out question, maybe I don't understand it correctly but it would seem all you need to link the two is a single digital optical cable.

3. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

The Avia DVD is always recommended and another choice for a lot less money you could go with the Sound&Vision tune-up DVD.

4. Mike-Post

Mike-Post Extra

5. Mike-Post

Mike-Post Extra