Hi Everybody!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DaveWIL, Jan 31, 2004.

1. DaveWIL

DaveWIL Auditioning

Well, I'm new to this board, and seeing as I couldn't find a newbie section, I though I would introduce myself here.
    My main reason for searching out a site such as this is that I am going to building an addition onto my parents house, which will at minimum contain a bedroom and a Theater/Entertainment room. I'm not much of a builder, so I have been trying to get in touch with some referals I was given, and am waiting for them to get back to me.
    Here's a rundown of my situation, for anyone who may be interested:
    Room will be approximately 12*8*8 (l*w*h); the entire addition is going to be about 24*8*8. I'm trying to determine what I should do for sound insulation (I need a balance of keeping inside sound in and outside sound out, as this will be less than 20ft from VT RT12, one of the main roads through the state). I'm probably not going to go for a projector, or even HD, but maybe a nice 32-36", maybe flatscreen. I'm shooting for a 5.1 setup, unless someone thinks that 6.1 is definately the way to go.
    Well, that was alot more than I really intended to write...

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Welcome Dave!

I wish I could have a soundroom. I know it can't be anywhere near the furnace, plumbing, fluorescent lights, and major highways. [​IMG]

And wanting to still play LP's now and then, I'd want a very solid floor so that the needle on the turntable won't jump!

Have fun, if you have specific questions on this subject, you'll end up posting in the technical sections of the forum.

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Dave, welcome to the forum, and I wish you well on your project. There are certainly a lot of fun forums around here, but for your specific needs the technical forums are the best place to start.

4. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

HI DR. NICK! [​IMG]

Welcome to HTF Dave! I hope that you find it useful and fun.