What's new

Hi, Can anyone place a suggested value on this unit... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I have an older Sony Betamax SL-2401 in pristine, paramount shape in my closet. It hasn't been used since 1984 but I'm sure it's still in great working condition.

I've checked Ebay and I see some players going for as high as $70 US and I've even see some auctions with Buy-It-Now list prices of $200.00!

Can anyone offer a suggested value for this unit, assuming it's in great functioning condition, and accounting for collector value, etc.

Thanks!

:)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I have somebody interested in purchasing this unit from me and wants to stop by early next week but I am completely clueless as to the value; you guys are pretty knowledgable in this field and I would really appreciate your assistance.

Again, I'm not sure if this has any collector's value associated given it's age and obscure availability.

Should I be nice and just ask $20 Can. since I'll likely never use it again anyways or is that stupid? How much do you think is a reasonable asking price and what should I push for?

Please help me out!!

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Well the 2401 was a very basic entry level low cost Beta machine and nothing very interesting about it. It have very little fautures compared to the older models even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks