Hi, Can anyone place a suggested value on this unit...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by MarcoBiscotti, Apr 30, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I have an older Sony Betamax SL-2401 in pristine, paramount shape in my closet. It hasn't been used since 1984 but I'm sure it's still in great working condition.

I've checked Ebay and I see some players going for as high as $70 US and I've even see some auctions with Buy-It-Now list prices of $200.00!

Can anyone offer a suggested value for this unit, assuming it's in great functioning condition, and accounting for collector value, etc.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Any help?

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I have somebody interested in purchasing this unit from me and wants to stop by early next week but I am completely clueless as to the value; you guys are pretty knowledgable in this field and I would really appreciate your assistance.

Again, I'm not sure if this has any collector's value associated given it's age and obscure availability.

Should I be nice and just ask $20 Can. since I'll likely never use it again anyways or is that stupid? How much do you think is a reasonable asking price and what should I push for?

Please help me out!!

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

[​IMG]

5. Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong Supporting Actor

Well the 2401 was a very basic entry level low cost Beta machine and nothing very interesting about it. It have very little fautures compared to the older models even.

6. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
  7. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks guys, I think I'm just going to ask $40 Can. That sounds reasonable enough, right?