What's new

Hi all i need help with my Pioneer VSX-9300 (1 Viewer)

Dave A.

Grip
Ok I just got a Pioneer VSX-9300 from my brother for free Anywho here is my issues:
1. There is no sub output so i need a good powerd sub with a high pass filter(kind that has the speakers connected to the sub then the sub to where the speakers connect on the amp.
I need suggestions on where and what kind to get or another way aorund this.

2. The Center channel is line out only...so i need a inline amp???

Please ehlp me figure this out...this thing cranks but it's only on 4 speakers..2 front and 2 rear

no sub no center...kinda defeats the purpose

Thanks all in advance!

Dave A.

Dave A.

Grip
Also forgot to mention i am using the speakers from my Panasonic all in one thing for now till i can get some new ones.(Suggestions very welcome!) Problem is that the front left channel cracks and cuts out sometimes, but it's not the speaker. I was told that the speaker conn on the PCB may be loose ...is this a expensive fix.

Is this a alright reciever/amp for my first one?

Thanks all

Dave A.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Dave. Welcome to HTF!

I'm not familar with that receiver, but it sounds like it may not even be Dolby Digital, or even ProLogic compatible. My advice would be to NOT try and buy speakers/sub to be compatible with it. You would be spending good money for 'special' features on speakers/sub to compensate for it's problems.

Does the unit have a 'phantom' center mode? If so, ignore the center and align the L/R speakers in the traditional music alignment to create a center image. There was some hot debait a few weeks ago in the Speakers fourm where some members admitted they ran their systems this way all the time.

Good Luck.

Dave A.

Grip
Bob,
Thanks for the welcome:)
The VSX-9300 is the little brother to the 9500's it does have dolby pro logic, and for right now i am running in phantom never realised that it would tae the center channel's place in a sence

So what can i do about a sub for this thing...since it is a monster for power...and i really kinda like it:)
It will have to do for now since i cannot afford a whole new set up.

So any suggestions on a subwoofer?

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks