What's new

Hey Z2ers, what are your distances? (1 Viewer)

Bobby C

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

My Z2 is on hold while I finish off my HT build. I'd be curious how others are setting up their projectors (in term of distances).

Here's what my setup will be:

Room size: 12 x 19
Screen size: 54" x 96" (110" dia)
Seating Distance - not completely set, probably 10-15'
FP Distance - 13.5'

Thanks,
Bob

Larry*S

Agent
Where did you get, or where are you planning to get your Z2 from? I will be purchasing one (hopefully) within a month, and just want to know where everyone is getting it from, and if any bad experiences?

larry

Bobby C

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting my from an outfit that is relatively local (& has good prices), Projector Now, Inc. I just spoke with them, their next batch is expected to arrive mid-February, I'm going to place my order in a month, expecting a mid-March delivery (when I'm done w/ construction).

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
You can get them here... AVP

Talk to Mike (x. 129)...Hell, if you want, tell him I sent ya. Very Cool guy.
I got mine for $1995.00 /w no Tax!

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
It all depends on how fast you want it. I wanted it in 2 days -once shipped- and paid $40 to go cross country

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Duwayne

I have a few questions about your projector. I am going to go with the z2 or newer Panasonic. I see that your seating is 12 to 13 feet away from the screen. Do you have any issues with SDE? My seating will be three rows of seats first is 8 feet second is 11 feet and last row is 14 feet. I will probably go with a 96 inch screen. The first row probably won't get used much. Also do you have a Sat. hooked up to it? Also is there a waiting period to get a z2? I won't be ready to install it for about six weeks or so but I am prepared to buy it now if there will be a long wait time. By the way your screen shots look great, I can't wait to get mine! Thanks for the feed back

Curt

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
Curt,

1. No Screen Door Effects. And at 8 feet, you should be safe.

2. The last 2 screen shots are from my DirecTv SAT.

3. Yes there is a waiting list...at almost all the stores that sell them. Things could have slow down a bit. I would call AVP and ask them. They would get their stock first, since they are the #1 Sanyo dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks