What's new

Hey Yo (1 Viewer)

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
Im thinking of getting into Blu_Ray. I have the HD DVD A1 player. Im ready to get into BR with the price of the Samsung going down. How does this player stack up to the Pannyand Sony player? Are you Sammy owners happy for the most part? Which movie titles are awesome in BR format? Any advise would be nice.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Here is a good writeup on the Samsung vs. Panasonic that I had posted for someone else:

Pretty much sums it up for me, though I would also add that with the new java discs like The Descent, the Panasonic is definitely faster in it's implementaton of those features. Faster menu navigation, java sliders and advanced menu animation on the Panny. Of course that stuff all worked fine on the Samsung, but they were just a little less responsive. I also like having a dedicated subtitle button on the remote, which the Samsung has.

Some of my fave blu-rays: Black Hawk Down, Monster House, The Descent, Lethal Weapon 2

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
For titles, my favourites include...

- The Corpse Bride
- The Fantastic 4
- Ice Age 2
- Kingdom Of Heaven
- A Knight's Tale
- Legends Of Jazz
- MI3
- Monster House
- Pearl Harbour
- Speed
- Stealth
- The Wild
- World Trade Center
- X-Men: The Last Stand

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks