What's new

Hey Y'all (1 Viewer)

12bar

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Hi, I'm obviously new here and am looking forward to learning from all the more experienced folks here. I found this forum while trying to find out if I can use my Bose lifestyle speakers with a different receiver (not advised from what I have seen). I bought the system about 15 years ago and have been pretty happy with it until this morning when it went south on me. I sent it to their repair center last year and they fixed it but it bailed out again so I figure it's time to replace it with something new. As I might expect there have been a lot of changes since I bought the Bose. So if anyone has any suggestions on components please don't be shy I am ready to go shopping.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welcome Jim! Post a "What should I replace my Bose with" Q and I guarantee you will get a lot of replies! =) Take a look at the KEF E305s and the SVS Primes is my personal advice!

12bar

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Just for grins I called Bose this morning and much to my surprise they are going to repair my system at no charge because it's been less than a year since it was repaired last time, they are also giving me an additional 1 year warranty. I still plan on replacing the Bose system with something better but now I have time to shop (and save) for my new system. I am really looking forward to learning from the forum members here.

Southbank63

Auditioning
Real Name
sue
Hi,
I don't really use forums but I was looking for information on chairs for a home theatre.. anyway.. got lost in the discussion about Cary Grant movies... so decided to stick around ... lots of people here with a lot of technical knowledge.. I don't sorry, but anyway .. Hello :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks