Hey! Where's the ultra 2-disc special edition of X-men?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I heard that there was a cool 2-disc SE of X-men coming soon. Was this just a rumor or is it in production? If it's coming, then I'll put off buying it. If not, the disc is mine. Does anyone know anything about this 2-disc SE?

~Kevin

2. Joe_C

Joe_C Supporting Actor

This came up a lot when it was first released. I'm not too sure if this "ultra 2-disc special edition" will ever be released, although last I heard, rumor had it slated for right around when X-Men 2 will be coming out in theaters.

Although, you would not be mistaken in considering the original version an SE, as it had a ridiculously good transfer, excellent sound (I use it as one of my demos), and plenty of extras. IMO, unless someone else can provide some hard evidence that a 2-disc SE is on the way, just go out and buy it now.

3. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

Plenty of extras? I wouldn't go as far as saying that. If I recall correctly, there is an interview with Singer on something called the Charlie Rose show (Personally I only know if by reference and interview clips on DVD [​IMG] ) a featurette, some deleted and extended scenes in nonanamorphic widescreen with the option too see them in context of the movie as well, trailers and some drawings. There were also two easter eggs, at least one of them with drawings/sketches of mutants that did not appear in this movie. All of it was pretty short lived.
    Sorry if this seems negative, it's just that I do not think this amounts to "plenty" of extras. The movie is good though, and I agree the transfer is very good. I even liked the menus and packaging [​IMG]
    I hope for a SE re-release when X-men 2 is released as well. If I recall correctly, this makes sense, because I'm pretty sure Brian singer said he wanted to film more scenes for a director's cut on a new DVD, something that might or might not happen when X-men 2 is filming.
    The re-release rumours did carry some weight because I also seem to remember some of the producers were saying so, or probably just hoping for it.

4. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

5. Stephen B

Stephen B Stunt Coordinator

id love to see a proper making of, proper interviews with the cast and crew. and a com track with singer, hes done it for usual suspects, why not his biggist hit to date?

im sure we will see something to the untimate mummy when xmen 2 get closer to release.

6. Stephen B

Stephen B Stunt Coordinator

thats ment to say "something simmiler to the ulitmate mummy"

7. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Something similar to the Ultimate Mummy? I can do without a pan & scan version!

If there is ever a new SE of X-Men, I'd like to see the unedited Charlie Rose interview...

8. Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen Second Unit