What's new

Hey... when's the next Harry Potter book? (1 Viewer)

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
The fifth book was released in paperback on July 10th so that's what you probably heard about a "new" July release.

The sixth book is definitely called "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince". Rumours are that it will be published in the next five to six months, but who knows?

Chris

Senior HTF Member

No, not that passage. I'm just pointing to it because it is a site that, under china's guide, has been allowed to openly stand as they continue to wage a legal battle. They publish the whole book, though, and there are descrepencies.. They posted it before the book was released, and as a result, there were changes made to keep the two different. I may have just grabbed a different segment.

FYI, this is why security was lock-tight before the release of "Order of the Phoenix"

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
That's really interesting Chris. Anyway you could tell us what some of those differences are, and why those specific changes were made? And if I read you correctly, you're saying that the Chinese site has the original version, and the published version was modified to differentiate itself, and the Chine site is Rowling's "preferred" version of the book?

Either way, that's interesting. Maybe for the inevitable 7 book box set she can go back through and re-edit GoF the way she originally intended and clean it up, a la Tolkien with LotR and The Hobbit or Steven King with Dark Tower 1 (which I really need to read).

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think I've got a link to the article that was in EditorAndPublisher a while back.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Could it be that Ms. Rolwing went as bit out on a limb when she said there would be seven books? But what a great way to keep the money (and interest) flowing for many years! Perhaps the ideas have begun thinning out, thus the longer span between more recent books.

I don't know. Guess I feel that four in the series is enough. Beyond that it's beginning to feel like job security.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

Well, good for her!!!

And you never know, maybe the next nine months of being told to take it easy (i.e. not go out too much, stay off her feet, etc.) will motivate her to hammer out the last couple of chapters all the more quickly.

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks