What's new

Hey Warner! where are the girls? (1 Viewer)

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot

Ditto here!!!! I would buy all of these in a heartbeat. And I'll add June Allyson, Margaret O'Brien and Jane Powell to your list! And yes, as you mentioned, the Lane Sisters and their wonderful films.

Corey

Screenwriter
A Lane Sisters set?? I guess if that comes out I can expect a Greer Garson & Walter Pidgeon set as well. For Hepburn 2, I would have:

-Spitfire
-Break of Hearts
-The Little Minister
-Song of Love
-Keeper of the Flame
-Sea of Grass

Now I think Warners knows how long and how bad we've been waiting for Garson and Shearer, so hopefully they'll start getting the picture about Lupino, Allyson, and Jane Powell. I also hope we see Lady of The Tropics and White Cargo in the next camp sets.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Warner has just announced "Barbara Stanwyck: The Signature Collection" for the end of October. Ron should have the press release posted shortly. Titles included are: "Annie Oakley", "East Side, West Side", "Executive Suite", "Jeopardy", "My Reputation", and "To Please A Lady". The most interesting extra (to me, anyway) is an audio commentary from Oliver Stone on "Executive Suite".

Regards,

Jefty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Fiore
although I feel I must add that I'm already looking forward to a second volume!

hopefully one which will do a better job of covering her thirties films!
(Mad Miss Manton, Gambling Lady, So Big, Ladies They Talk About, The Purchase Price, Night Nurse, etc. ad inifnitum! I suppose many of those would sell better in future volumes of the precode series--of which I hope there are many!!!!--but that would leave Mad Miss Manton orphaned, which would be a shame! Is there some demographic/marketing data which explains why these signature sets tend to ignore the 30s in favour of the 50s? if so, then I'm really not in step with our times!)

also--Columbia and Universal should follow suit with Stanwyck sets forthwith!

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot

More great news! Fabulous! EAST SIDE and MY REPUTATION were two of the Stanwyck films I most wanted, so that makes me a very happy girl indeed! This is not to say I don't enjoy the other titles of course! ;)

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
And NIGHT NURSE is coming soon (probably in the Pre-code box) according to the press release!

Danny Burk

Second Unit
Ditto the above comment....I'm happy for everyone who's awaited these titles, but personally I'm disappointed about the lack of more 30s films. Those would have me a lot more excited than I am at present. Not only Stanwyck titles, I should add, but in general I'd be much more interested in 30s films (and more silents, please!) than into the 50s, which are later than my taste generally runs.

Corey

Screenwriter
Well I asked Movie Irv about the Harlow set and got a vague answer about it as everyone seems to give.

ReggieW

Screenwriter

I contacted Barrie Maxwell via The Digital Bits, so I'm still waiting to hear back from him. I've got a feeling that we won't see it this year AGAIN (It should've ben out late last year).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks