What's new

Hey, Vern, It's Ernest! is actually coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I grew up watching this show and I might have to pick it up. According to the article, Mill Creek will be releasing it on 1/18 for the low price of $9.98.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hey-Vern-Ernest-The-Complete-Series/14719

I had no idea there were only 13 episodes.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Wow ... I never knew Ernest had his own television show at some point. Well you learn something new everyday as they say.

Bradskey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Davis
This was a fun show that ran for a couple years on CBS, basically replacing Pee-Wee's Playhouse. After Ernest there was another fun show featuring the cowboy singing group Riders in the Sky -- it probably only lasted one season. Saturday morning was dying quickly by then, I think maybe the last gasp show in this late morning time slot on the CBS lineup was an incredibly awful show about live Sea Monkeys, lol. I have Pee-Wee, I'll be very glad to get Hey Vern It's Ernest too! I always loved the haircut segment he got every week.

And I don't remember exactly, but didn't Gailard Sartain and Bill Byrge sometimes feature on this show as Maynard and Bobbie, or was that just in the Ernest movies?

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Originally Posted by Bradskey

Chuck and Bobby appeared in a handful of the Ernest films. They both appeared in Ernest Goes to Jail, Bobby in Ernest Scared Stupid, Chuck in Ernest Goes to Camp, and I don't recall Ernest Saves Christmas.

Bradskey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Davis
Oh yeah, "Chuck" and Bobbie. Maynard was the character on Hee-Haw I think, lol. I remember them as the security guards in Ernest Goes to Jail, and of course the cooks in Ernest Goes to Camp. I don't remember them in Ernest Scared Stupid, but I think they played some type of freight/shipping clerks who babysat the reindeer waiting to be picked up from the warehouse in Ernest Saves Christmas.

I looked up some info on Hey Vern It's Ernest and apparently Chuck and Bobbie were on it too! I don't really remember Billy Byrge's character on the show at all, but I don't know how I forgot about Gailard Sartain's weekly segment as "Lonnie Don" who teaches you how to do Hollywood sound effects. The sound effect always consists of him wrapping his hand around his mouth and making a raspberry noise, lol. I thought it was hilarious as a kid.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I remember this show first hand. I may even have a couple episodes on tape from when I taped huge blocks of Saturday morning once in awhile. Hopefully the discs will look better than that.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by MatthewA

I remember this show first hand. I may even have a couple episodes on tape from when I taped huge blocks of Saturday morning once in awhile. Hopefully the discs will look better than that.

Well, it is Mill Creek.

However, they're doing it as a two disc set, so odds are it'll be a 7-6 split. It shouldn't look too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks