Hey Universal...what the #%&! happened to Duel?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, May 22, 2002.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

This film has been my most eagerly anticipated DVD for months. Imagine my shock when I walked into the local B&M yesterday, cash in hand and fresh batteries in the remote at home. The DVD was cancelled! What happened? Why the late cancellation? Was there a problem with the rights and when can we expect to finally see this film on DVD?!?!

2. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

I know what did happen to this DVD...I've never seen this film and was lookinf forward to it...it's listed on the $5 off coupon on the Legend UE thats it's out in DVD

3. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

What is going on??

Dan

4. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

It was announced about 45 days ago that the Duel release was delayed. No official new release date was provided, but it was made very clear that the title had been simply delayed, not canceled.

My guess is that Universal is waiting for their three year overseas distribution deal with Columbia Tri-Star to expire before releasing the disc (as with the Back to the Future release.)

Since that deal ends at the end of July, we could possibly see Duel as early as August (assuming that that's the reason for the delay.)

5. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Duel is definitely an owner for me!