What's new

Hey the White van guys tried to sell speakers to me. Ha, ha, ha (1 Viewer)

RichardH

Supporting Actor
I tried to email them...
-----------------------------
I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

[email protected]: user unknown in virtual alias table
-----------------------------
Here's what I wrote: :D

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:30:13 -0700

Is there any store where I can buy these speakers? Or only out of a white van?

Thank you,
Richard

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
I did a search on google and took a look at some reviews on audio review. It is hilarious. All of them were bought from a van. One guy was giving them a great review and then I noticed he was pairing them with bose. No wonder he likes them. He also listed his site so I went to check it out. This guy took the time and money to make dedicated home theater room but uses Dogg digital and bose speakers and a Apex dvd player. I guess every one has there own priorities.

I personally like the link he has on how to make $5000 but that is another story.

audio review

terence

Supporting Actor
Dogg Digital Audio?!!!!!! Come on man! Listen to the name for crap sake! If the white van does not give the scam away then the name should. Below is from one of those reveiws that is funny as hell!:laugh: :laugh: :D

Summary:
Awful. My naive stupid ass got tricked into buying this peice of sh*t. The good reviews you may have read from above are definitely from the van drivers of this elaborate scam. Stay away and save your goddamn money.

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
plenty

Similar Products Used:
a rock, a tree, a pile of "dogg" sh*t will provide similar sound quality

Randall Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
[sarcasm]I love the Dogg Digital website... :D [/sarcasm]

From the Dogg Digital site:
DOGG DIGITAL ONLY DISTRIBUTES SUPER HIGH QUALITY SPEAKERS.
Oh, super high quality! Glad to know I'm getting the super bestest! :)
(Oh, how I hope they'll read this. Will I get an email from them? :D)

Yea, I'd spend $3K on a pair of PA speakers with 15'' aluminum
cone woofers...Any day......PLEASE!!! It's almost a joke! This
is Comedy Central material! And what's with the aluminum cones?
I know what it is...They're flashy, and it's easy to mislead
someone with something that's flashy. Even if it is crap. :angry:

Ok, I'm gonna' go calm down. :crazy:

JackS

Supporting Actor
Guys I think this has been determined to be a rip-off but not a scam. Their method of sale has been around for years and to date I've yet to see any action taken in the courts for their over zealous sales pitch. It seems that in their opinion if they state such things as "high end" "best" "great" "drastically reduced for quick sale" etc,etc, etc, is the same tactics used by everyone we would consider legitimate. There is no law that says you can't charge the same price for Cubic Zirconia as others charge for genuine Diamond as long as you don't miss-represent the Zirconia. As always, "buyer beware".

Keir H

Second Unit
I am literally on the floor on this one! My wife is probably wondering why I am laughing this late at night! Hilarious, Edwin_C for that sale job "Buttersmurf"...classic. You guys are killing me over here! Dogg Digital?!! Correct! the name does give the sucker job away alone. And what's with those Joseph Audio wannabe grills on the DA600 model! :D lol Keep em comin!

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Maybe it's just me but do people really believe that someone in a van will sell them "hot" speakers and then turn around and give a receipt for them after purchase(what'd be a really cool trick, tell the salesman to put a higher price on the receipt for insurance purposes, and then turn around and return them so you can "con a con-man")?

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
hehe quite funny I emailed THX with a link to there site in hopes that they'll pursue legal matters:) hehe this ought to be funny if I get a response from THX I'll post up.

Jeremy

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
god I cant believe someone on audio review tried to say they sounded better than his KEF speakers!!! holy crap whats he smoking and further more can I have some!!! hehe:D

One last thing I went to that goldsky website and you really have to wonder about a company that puts a line like this in there "about us" section

"Most of our products are approved by UL and CE for safety"

Really makes you wonder, one thing I can say is I've lost all respect for Fluance speakers now knowing where they come from and that they share the same beginnings as the White Van speakers.

The other thing if you go to scam shield and read peoples posts there you find many of the few who are happy with the speakers they bought say "they sound better than my old bose" well duh!!!! thats cuz a am transistor radio sounds better than Bose. Its sad to know there are people this completely stupid in the world, first you buy bose then you buy speakers out of a van, hey if you'll go for that I've got some great beachfront property in the sahara that I'll sell ya real cheap!!

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, you guys are worrying me - I was considering the cheap set of Fluance speakers. If they are really white van speakers at the core, then I am a little worried.

Rick Ewing

Agent
It is a scam because in virtually every case of someone buying these speakers, the sales pitch is usually one of false pretenses. I should know; I was taken by these goons back when I was young and very naive.

"Oh, our company goofed and ordered twice as many speakers for a recording sudio and my boss said we have to get rid of them..."

Yeah right.

Cliff L

Grip

Other than the fact that they could be produced by the same company, is this a valid reason to avoid Fluance speakers? I mean, it seems like everyone who has a set of Fluance speakers loves them. If they sound awesome for the price, does it matter who makes them?

Rives Elmore

Stunt Coordinator
I pose the same question, it was thought that Fluance did not come from the same source..now it turns out that they are, but that this company makes speakers for alot of other companies. All the reviews I have read on Fluance have been very positive...but am getting worried here about the fact they come from the same place.

Then again, there are plenty of companies that make both great products and bad ones...Car manufacturers come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks