What's new

Hey Super Nintendo Scholars! (1 Viewer)

Matt-Z

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to identify a game I played for about 20 mins about 12 years ago. The game was owned by my wife but she has no idea what it was. Here is what I remember. It was japanese; set in old school japan. Everyone was SD, either that or it was all little kids. Gameplay involved walking through town bonking ghosts on the head with a stick. My wife rememberes her favorite part was going into the shops and buying food, like lots of different weird japanese snacks. That's all I've got, any guesses you may have would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Matt-Z

Stunt Coordinator
YES!!!!! That is it. Oh man Thanks so much! I searched lists and lists of SN games just to see if a name would jog my memory, but no luck. I should have come here first. Thanks again. I'm off to Ebay!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I rented it, and it was a really great game. I think it came out with some sequels.

~T

Nathan A

Second Unit
There was also a sequel released for the N64 in the US. And I thought I read something about a PS2 release, but I don't remember if it ever happened.

Matt-Z

Stunt Coordinator
You know I actually HAVE the N64 sequel. "Goeman's Great Adventure". I must be an idiot. I thought that guy looked familiar.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

OMG, I loooooooved that game. I'd forgotten all about it 'till I saw this. I wonder if it's still in my mom's house somewhere? I'd love to play it again.

Matt-Z

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Abby, I just spilled the beans to my wife about getting this for her; and she informed me that we didn't play it for 20 mins like I remember. We played it for three days straight. I guess it just seemed like 20 mins! She says she couldn't tear me away when it was time to go back to college. I do remember that. I have been thinking about this game ever since. First I need to get my hands on a console...

CaseyL

Supporting Actor

can you say "Wait for the Wii Virtual Console?" That may be your best bet.

there was actually two sequals for the N64. One was a 3D Adventure game like Zelda, and the other was a side scroller in the style of the original Snes version. both were super fun, but the side scroller was tough as nails to beat. I love the snes game. One of my all time favorites. I've still got it. There's also an anime based on it, which isn't nearly as funny as the games are, and totally dissapointing for hardcore Goemon/Mystical Ninja fans.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
There are Ganbare Goemon sequels for the Super Famicom. I've played them and I really like the intro for I think 3 and the music in 4 is quite catchy. All great fun.;)
I dunno if I ever played 2...

Matt-Z

Stunt Coordinator
Wii virtual console? Hmm... I guess the only question is should I buy the Wii or the original from someone who is going to do it Wii style? Do you think the Wii will put a lot of that old stuff back out on the market? It seems like it should. Oh and I've never seen the 2-d N64 sequel, and can't seem to find the name for it. Do you remember what it was called?

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I thought it was Called Goemon's Great Adventure, but I'll have to re-confirm that.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
The original Legend of the Mystical Ninja on SNES just got released on the Virtual Console for Wii today. Just FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks