What's new

Hey Sony/Columbia..you've left us hanging with these.. (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure what the release scheduling process is like over at Sony. It sure seems to me that they have left alot of us fans hanging with regards to series that have had one or two seasons released, and now are just kind of hangin around with uncertainty as to whether they will be continued.
Here's the top of my list:

Charlie's Angels ( really want to finish my collection)
Starsky & Hutch ( really want to finish my collection)
Who's the Boss
The Jeffersons
Barney Miller

If anyone wants to add to this list, please feel free to do so..

Chuck L

Screenwriter
The ANGELS and THE JEFFERSONS are two series that I am very committed to on each release. In fact, with the two seasons of both these shows, I have usually finished with them with three to four days and then awaiting the further releases.

Honestly, I am getting tired of waiting. When there are other series that while they have a fan base are not considered landmarks television series such as these two getting better release dates, it is very sickening.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hey now! I wanna see The Larry Sanders Show.

I know there's a best-of collection coming but I'm sure that's so they can test the waters. If it sells, they'll release the other seasons. If it doesn't sell, they won't release them. So if I wanna see the rest of the episodes on DVD, I 'have' to buy something that will quickly become useless if the season sets are released. Thanks Sony!

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I agree with Chuck, The Angels in particular, as well as The Jeffersons are Iconic as far as classic TV goes.
I am pleased that announcements have been made for both The Jeffersons and Starsky & Hutch..
But what about those Angels??

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

They've hardly left people hanging with this one the first season came out in June of 2004 so its only been a little over six months. Certainly not a long time when it comes to Sony/Columbia's timeframes.

John McM

Second Unit

true, it just seems like a long time considering Good Times, Soap and Sanford And Son sets have come out since, yet we already have dates for the next sets, even All In The Family, which is infamous for the long gaps between sets, released season 3 AFTER WTB season 1, and we know 4 is on the horizon.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Nope, SWAT is Sony but I wouldn't hold my breath because I don't think we will ever see it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm still holding my breath for S.W.A.T. Season 2.
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I still enjoyed this show after all these years.

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in for all the remaining seasons of Barney Miller. I've been eagerly awaiting season 2 ever since I got season 1.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoyed SWAT also and had to order a second set of the first season because my teenage son always had my set in his room. After a year or so of sending e-mails to Sony each week (I had a group of people sending them) I finally have given up hope. Unless they come out with a second big screen movie or a tv series based on it, I doubt they will ever released the second season.

John McM

Second Unit
Sony should just bite the bullet with S.W.A.T. There's only 2 seasons to the show anyways, so may as well release season 2 begrudgedly

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Here is another vote for Barney Miller. It's been nearly a year or barely over a year. I am ready to see more of the "ole one-two". I got encouraged when I found a Barney Miller disc inside a cereal box about eight months ago, had one episode from season 2 and one episode with Deitrich I believe. Really ready for more of this show.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks