Hey Sega CD owners...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Calvin Watts III, May 5, 2002.

1. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I just bought a 2nd Sega CD system off of eBay.

This one,just like my last one,isn't working properly.

I have some reason to believe that it could be a problem with my Genesis,which does work otherwise.

The problem is I'm not getting any power to the CD system. I can hear a click,but no power,no LED light.

I have cleaned all the contacts,& I'm wondering if I'm using the right AC adaptor.

So my questions are:

Any ideas on my problem?

What model number is the Sega CD AC adapter?

(I know of some places that say you can use the old Genesis one,but the Sega CD manual says to use a specific one. I have many adaptors,so I'd like to use the correct one).

Any help is most appreciated.

Calvin

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

If it's the original Sega CD, the one that goes under the unit you can use the same power adapter

3. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

Nope, its the Sega CD II top loader.

4. Jim Spencer

Jim Spencer Stunt Coordinator

I have the Sega CD 2 (side by side). The model # on the power supply is mk 2103. The model # on the one for the Genesis I have is mk 1602. Hope this helps you out.

5. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

My Sega CD is flakey too. Even after cleaning the contacts I found that I have to have them set up 'just right' in order for it to work. Once it's set up it works fine. I have the original SCD that mounds underneath my Genesis. I have to pull the Genesis out a micron at a time until I find the sweet spot.