What's new

Hey Ron will you be doing a review on the upcoming Snatch Superbit? (1 Viewer)

BrentJ

Second Unit
I hope that you do a review on this and compare it to the older version. All I can tell is that the new one will have a dts track and if its not a good track then I will just be happy with the original. However, If it gets a good review then I just might have to double dip on this one. Thanks

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Brent,

I have washed my hands of Superbit reviews.

My past reviews have not been favorable and
too many members were getting upset over the
fact that I was putting down the format.

I would rather have those reviews entrusted
to people with more elaborate Home Theater setups
(mainly front projectors) who can more clearly
see the difference in Superbit over its standard
counterpart.

By the way, I loved Snatch, so it's an opportunity
for a review I am going to greatly miss.

Thanks for asking.

greg_t

Screenwriter
It's too bad you have to let other people dictate what dvd's you review on your own forum, Ron. I was looking forward to your review on the superbit Snatch because I don't own the first version and have never seen the movie.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
John,

I was scheduled to post a review of Pulp
Fiction before the end of this week.

As usual, other DVDs came in that took priority,
mainly We Were Soldiers[/b] and Reservoir
Dogs
. It will be at least Wednesday until
I can get a review up.

As far as people dictating to me what DVDs I
review --- they really don't. I just felt it
was a disservice to those who enjoy Superbits
and notice an improvement in the format to keep
writing reviews that put it down. That's all.

Thanks

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I didn't realize there was a superbit version of snatch being released. That's welcome news considering the shabby transfer on the first release. When is the superbit Snatch being released?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Shabby transfer? I thought the original release was a great transfer and sound mix. Very fitting of the films style and a faithful recreation of the theatrical print.

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I too am very happy with the current disc. It looks just as I remeber it at the theater. And I consider the DD track to be one of the best I have in my collection.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I too am very happy with the current disc. It looks just as I remeber it at the theater. And I consider the DD track to be one of the best I have in my collection.
I'll second that! However, I am certainly interested in what the DTS track will sound like.

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I'll second that! However, I am certainly interested in what the DTS track will sound like.
Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of DTS. However, there are a few discs in my collection that I do not miss DTS on. Snatch, TPM and Fight Club come to mind. Haveing said that, it would not hurt my feelings to hear a DTS track of each. I just can't see myself buying a new Snatch release.

YANG

Screenwriter
I don't think there will be a bigger improvement to the SNATCH soundtrack,with the DTS treatment.
Throughout the whole film,dialogue comes first follows by the jazzy musics.There isn't much effects or grand score to talk or notice about...

Users who are viewing this thread