Hey Ron-P, help me out with a JVC DVD question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan*W, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    I know you liked the XV-S60 and said as much in several threads. My question concerns the SW:TPM DVD. Many JVC owners have expressed frustration that their players won't default the subtitles for alien dialogue. Is this true for the XV-S60 as well?
    I'm thinking of upgrading to a prog. scan player (for Christmas) and I'm up in the air between the S60 and the Panny 56. If the S60 has no problems with the SW disc, then it's the one goin' under the tree.[​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Nathan

2. Rik P

Rik P Stunt Coordinator

I had the RP56 and gave the S60 a try also based on Rons reviews, i agree totaly with what he had to say about both.
    I did however have chance to watch SWTPM on the RP56 before i took it back and unfortunately the subtitles were gone on the S60 [​IMG] . But Wait...... I did not care because the picture was so much more beautiful on the S60 than compared to the 56 I could care less about the subtiltes. IMO (TV: Mits 55809)
    PS. I've been meaning to brush up on my alien anyway [​IMG]

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Rik summed it up perfectly.
    There are no subtitles with SW:TMP. The JVC is not the only player that suffers though. Do a search in the software section on TPM and there is a very lenghtly thread on this subject.
    It is a very minor problem compared to the picture quality of this machine.
    I have not fired off an email to JVC about it, I probably should though just to see what they have to say.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate the quick response. I guess I just needed a reason to justify my decision...[​IMG]

5. Patrick Lyons

Patrick Lyons
    I contacted Fox Home Entertainment a few days ago by phone, and I was dumbfounded when they informed me that this was the first they had heard of the issue with the subtitles on TPM with JVC DVD players. They offered to give a defective exchange, but I explained that all copies have this defect/compatibility issue.

I would encourage calls to thier Fox Consumer line at (888) 223-2369 so they are aware of the seriousness of this issue.

-Patrick