What's new

Hey lurkers, help the newbies... (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to post a note to those that hang heavily in AH with time to waste ;)
Put you time to good use helping in the Newbie "HOME THEATER BASICS" area! There are only a small handful of us fielding questions in the newbie area- and I think the area would benefit greatly from more input.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...?s=&forumid=50
Most of the questions and concepts are pretty simple- and if you have more than 100 posts on this forum, you should be able to handle the majority of them.
So, take a few minutes and check out this new area and offer some advice. Heck here's a thread to get you started:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=43911
Do you like the picture you get after calibrating with Avia?
Thanks
Vince

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
Most of the questions and concepts are pretty simple- and if you have more than 100 posts on this forum, you should be able to handle the majority of them.
Do you remember the days when you didn't know the composite from the component conection? I do and I learned most of what I know from our little corner of the web here. There is a certain amount of satisfaction in helping somebody learn about our hobby. Personaly I enjoy the Building a Home Theater Area. I have become some what of an expert in apartment living and geting the HT to sound right and still get along with the neighbors;) Help the newbie overcome thier newbish ways and become HT aficinados:D

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
There's a newbie secion now? Cool! I get to be a Know-It-All again!
I will now dedicate my life to converting these innocent newbie souls into widescreen elitist bastards, just like me!
:)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i make a concerted effort to bounce in there at least once or twice a day. they do post pretty basic questions. but i keep tailing vince, bob, denward, bill, et al...and they keep stealing all the good advice! :)
i agree that it's a great section to help newbies out. it's nice to be able to "give back" to the community.
now if we can just train them to use the search function. :D

Denward

Supporting Actor
What's the matter, Vince? Tired of answering the same questions over and over again all by yourself?;)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Alas, hardware is not my strong suit. I've looked over the area, but I find most of the questions are probably best answered by people more knowledgeable in that area.
Page me if anyone has questions about 2001: A Space Odyssey or Vertigo. :laugh:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Vince, I'm sure you noticed that I started coming over there to help out as well.

It's definately a good idea for a section.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys!

It just seemed that we had a core group of like 3-4 people offering opinions- and it's MUCH better to get a wider base of thoughts rather than to hear me blab over and over again.

Heck- even if you agree with what has already been posted- maybe you can chime in and say so.

It also good to have the same thing explained 2-3 different ways, because you never know what is going to "click" with someone! I try to use analogy as much as possible- but sometimes a different wording or a more basic explaination is helpful!

Again- thanks guys... I'm trying to keep a consistant level of 20 or so people as regulars to keep the question turn around and level of advice as high as possible.

Thanks!

Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks