What's new

Hey, I just finished making my latest game! (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Its called Ore No Ryomi 2: The Restaurant. Its a "cooking/restaurant" simulator. I would be very happy if you guys tried it out. You can find it at http://www.vertigogaming.net

Let me know what you guys think. Ive been making games for 5 years now- I love it :)

TedT

Second Unit
I've downloaded it and will check it out.

Just out of curiosity, what language did you use? What was the hardest part in making the game? (I'm working on my own games and just am curious as to what I may be in for.)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Believe it or not, I used Game Maker.

http://www.gamemaker.nl

There was absolutely no coding involved...just click and drag. That may sound like my games are elementary in nature, but believe me...they're not. Its a powerful game making application. And its free!

Hope you enjoy the game :)

Ike

Screenwriter
I just played it for about an hour (a week in game time) and I must say, it's much better than I expected. It's got a neat look (simple, but not as simple as I expected) and the gameplay is surprisingly coherent and addictive. Once there were several food items on the menu the game got challenging, but not unfairly so.

I liked the sense of humor in the game and the little nods (Nintendo, Futurama, The Sims).

I think if it was just a flash game on a website, I would have liked it quite a bit. Knowing that you created this yourself (with a free program) makes it more impressive. But why do people want half a beer? ;)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Well, some people dont like to drink a full brewsky before they go to work, I guess ;)

Thanks for the input! I did put a lot of in-jokes to my favorite shows/games.

BTW, if you reach day 15, something will happen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks