What's new

Hey, how are polkaudio home speakers? (1 Viewer)

John Tyrone

Agent
I was doing a search for dipole surrounds on the Circuit City website and polk audio looks like they have nice ones. I've never listened to polk audio speakers. Are they decent? Are they overpriced, reasonable, etc.How's Circuit city prices for this brand? Thanks,

John

JohanK

Second Unit
CC prices are the same as Polk prices anywhere else b/c Polk controls the prices at which their speakers sell. I own many Polk speaks (no dipoles) and I think they sound good, especially the older speakers. Newer models are a bit overpriced, IMO.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
my friend has the r1000i's. They have the built-in sub but he doesnt use it. He uses an external powered sub and the speakers sound great.

Jonathan_M

Stunt Coordinator
I have an all-Polk system at my home (except for the sub) and use the f/x500's for my surrounds. They sound great! I did get my speakers at CC, and their prices were reasonable. When you do go listen to them though, be sure to note the speaker's positioning as that will greatly affect the sound (too low, too high, off center, etc.).

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up a pair of f/x 500i's for surrounds. So far I like them very much. I'm sure this will improve once we get into our new room. I've got the CS400 center and RTA11t mains, SVS sub. Love the sound. I'm VERY surprised to hear the 25i's sounded "boxed and muffled" since Sterophile said they were their new under $1000/pair reference speakers they sounded so good. Oh well, that's why there is more than one speaker mfg. out there! Everyone has different ears.

I got my 500i's for $350 shipped from brandnamez.com. I had a great experience with them and when I jump to 7.1 I will be going through them to get either the RT25i or RT35i for the rear speakers. However, our local Polk authorized reseller (American TV) is having a big Polk sale right now - so although their prices are generally fixed this may be a good time to jump on them if you want to buy local and can find a sale price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks