Hey horror movie fans!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Matt-Z, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Matt-Z

Matt-Z Stunt Coordinator

I've got the age old problem of remembering a movie but not the title. It's plagued me since I saw it. I believe I saw this movie on cable in the late eighties/early nineties. It's essentially a bunch of people being stalked/killed in the woods by crazy person/persons. I think I remember that the crazy guy had hook devices that strapped to his forearms. He used them to climb around in the trees. I remember one scene where someone was standing on a fallen tree and the guy crawled up from underneath and hooked their ankle. There were also a series of "rambo" style traps that he had set. I remember a big swinging log that had big spikes sticking out of it. I think that's what got him in the end. I have a friend who had the exact same expirience with the same movie. HE says that he remembers the guys shack as well. It had an "Ed Gein" sort of decor from what he tells me. I once went through a movie guide index one time looking up every movie that sounded like a possibility. I had no luck. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Sounds like The Final Terror.

3. Matt-Z

Matt-Z Stunt Coordinator

Wow, Justin, I cant believe I endured 15 years of agony just to have it solved in under two mins! Hey, do you know if the movie is any good?

4. Matt-Z

Matt-Z Stunt Coordinator

yup, i checked a couple desriptions and that's totally it. I can't believe I didn't think to ask sooner. Thank you.

5. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

No problem. I thought it was a fun low-budget slasher flick. Not the greatest film, but definitely fun.

6. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

The Final Terror, didn't that have Daryl Hannah in an early role? Of the few things that I remember about this film, one is that it had some oddly beautiful cinematography for a low budget slasher flick and another is that one of the scenes featured a rather rude form of coitus interruptus.

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

The Final Terror is a veritable who's-who of familiar faces. Look closely and you'll see folks like Daryl Hannah, Rachel Ward, Adrien Zmed, Mark Metcalf and Joe Pantoliano!

AND the movie was directed by Andrew Davis, who would go on to (much) better things. He also directed Under Seige, Collateral Damage, Holes, Code of Silence, Above the Law and The Fugitive!

P.S. The Final Terror was written by Ronald Shusett, whom you all know from Alien, Dead and Buried and Total Recall.