What's new

Hey guys (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Zack my condolences to you and your family.

We had exchanged messages just a couple of days ago where he graciously thanked me for something. He was very generous with his praise and willingness to pass along his knowledge on many subjects.

Thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness in letting his virtual friends here know.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I am very sad to hear this and am sorry for your loss. Scott was one of my favorite people on this forum. He was always helpful, thoughtful and kind. I turned to him for help identifying a piece of music from a film because I knew of his passion for music. He didn't know what it was offhand, but he stayed with it and even asked his colleagues for help. One of them knew what it was and he let me know.

I don't think I'll be able to watch Star Trek without thinking of him.

Wow, this is really tough, and obviously moreso for his friends and loved ones who knew him personally. I'll keep them and Scott in my prayers.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thank you for taking a moment, from all you're burdened with, to let us know. I'm sorry to hear this. Scott was insightful and gracious..

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Zach, thank you for letting us know. I am very sorry for your loss.

While I never met your father in person, we knew each other quite well through this forum. We discussed hockey quite often -- him being a Boston Bruins fan and me being a Montreal Canadiens fan. Scott was one of the nicest people I have ever met online, and I will miss our discussions a great deal.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Oh man, I can't believe it. Sorry for your loss, Zack! :(

Scott will definitely be missed, as the sports threads here on HTF will never be the same without him. I'll definitely miss his posts in those threads and others.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'm so sorry to hear this news, and my condolences go out to Zack & his family. I always enjoyed Scott's posts, especially those related to music. His passion & knowledge were always evident, and he wrote with an eloquence & style rarely found on the internet. R.I.P., Scott, you will be missed.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I never know what to say in these threads.
Mike Frezon said:
Your dad and I were born just a year apart.
I feel so bad that younger guys like you two suffer such terrible medical problems while old goats like me survive. Scott stood up for culture in our culture-rejecting times. To quote Treebeard in The Lord of the Rings, "The trouble is that there are so few of us left."

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am afraid I am having trouble putting into words my grief over the loss of Scott. All I can say is that every post here is a wonderful tribute to Scott. Scott had a great love for Dark Shadows and began the main Dark Shadows thread. Scott loved that thread and all the posts from the fans.

Zack thank you so much for telling the people here at HTF. I will miss your Father very much. He was a great man who spread honor and grace on any who came in touch with him. You and your family shall be in my prayers.

Mark

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Condolences to your family. I always recognized Scott's unique username and enjoyed his insightful and helpful comments.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I knew Scott only through this forum and our PM's, which were always stimulating, mostly about music. His intelligence and kind nature literally leaped off the computer screen. [SIZE=14.6666669845581px]All condolences to your family. [/SIZE]

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I think I first encountered Scott in a discussion about OUTER LIMITS music when the big Dominic Frontiere set was announced. Since then, we'd had numerous discussions here on the HTF, and I always appreciated his seemingly encyclopedic knowledge about much of the music of films and TV shows.

Zack, thank you for notifying us and our prayers go with you and your family. It won't be an easy time for you, that I'm sure of. Just know that your Dad touched a lot of people in a positive way. He was definitely one of the "good guys" at the HTF.

Harry

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Zack, I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. As others have stated, Scott was a well-liked and very well respected regular here at HTF. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

Gary "R.I.P. Scott" O.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I only knew him through this forum, but he was one of my favorite posters. I always made the time to read his comments. He was genuinely kind and interested in others. I'll miss him. Thanks for posting. All my best to your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks