What's new

Hey Guys! Your favorite shave.... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Wow, someone's been watching too much "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy":D .

Seriously Angelo, don't you find it embarrassing when you take longer to get ready than most women?? (Just kidding!!)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

:D :b :wink:

Let me say that I've met Anthony (of Anthony Logistics) himself, and the dude has great skin. My wife and I are both jealous as hell.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Angelo

Where can I buy some of the Anthony Logistics products? Online? or are they local?

I actually picked up the "King of Shaves" Mentholated stuff yesterday and shaved last night (Mach 3 Turbo) and I wasn't that impressed...but I'm going to give it another try here tonight and probably for the next week or so.

It does feel real nice on the skin though, probably the strongest "menthol" feeling I have ever had for a shave...

My skin is super-sensitive (red hair) :thumbsdown: and I hate shaving...pretty much tried everything in the book...so I might as well keep trying. Or should I give up and get it lasered off :)

To make things worse, I'm in the Military...so I have to shave...quite a bit!

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I used to use an electric until this one time at band camp I went through a telepod and there was this fly that got in...anyway now I use the Mach 3.
I shave before I shower, but use a hot wash cloth on my face first. The shower after, washes off all the blood. Then a stinging application of Clinique Post Shave Healer.

I am waiting for some one (with all these blade wars) to come out with a shaver that is like the old push reel lawn mowers. Now that would be something!

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Michael:

Stick with the King; you might eventually find that it's a great shaving gel. What I like about it is that it soothes, it gives me a very close shave, and I can see what I'm doing because it's the most transparent gel I've ever used.

As far as Anthony Logistics, the products are available in your area at Nordstrom as well as other locations. Check it out at Anthony Logistic Home Page. You can also buy directly at the web page. The stuff isn't cheap, but I think it's a fair bit better than Clinque's products and some of the other brands you find at Nordstrom (Maxwell's, Jack Black--yes, I've tried them all). The Nivea products are also very good; they're priced competitively with Nutrogena and work better, I think.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I use a Shick Quattro with Aveeno shaving gel. If any of you guys get razor burn I highly recommend the Aveeno. I also use the Nivea pre-scrub Angelo mentioned and the Nivea aftershave lotion, both are excellent products.

Also, I recently started shaving in the shower. Best thing I've ever done. If you've never tried it run to Target and get a fog-free mirror for $5 to give it a try - I'll never go back.

And to add to the thread a little: do you guys shave with the grain or against it? I used to shave against the grain because it gives a much closer shave. Now I only shave with the grain unless it's a real special occasion.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

On my neck, only with the grain, or else ingrown hairs become a problem. On the rest of my face, both with and against the grain.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Always against the grain. My whiskers are pretty coarse, so shaving with the grain leaves a 5 o'clock shadow already. Sadly that also leads to irritation -- probably one reason why I keep the Van Dyke, so there's less to shave :D

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I use a Braun Syncro electric. works for me, I never get cut, but it does take me quite a while to shave with it, as it "misses bits" and I have to go back over them to get just the right angle. Fortunately, I can only grow a beard of fuzz that's patchy at best, and don't have to worry about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks