What's new

Hey Guys! Your favorite shave.... (1 Viewer)

Kami

Screenwriter
Mach 3 here too, never tried the Turbo blades...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Down then up...never had a closer shave. I use Edge extra sensitive gel (the purple one). And after 4 years of using Mach3, not a single cut.

Electric shavers make me break out.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

I used Edge for years, until I tried Nivea. The difference, to me, was pretty notable. Edge gels seem to break down fairly quickly, so they don't penetrate the skin and moisten and loosen the hair. Nivea makes my skin much softer as well, so not only do I get a closer shave, but I also suffer much less irritation. But then, I'm one of those who envy these other guys who talk about using their Mach 3 blades multiple times. I can't use ANY blade more than once.

Bruce

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I've tried almost all of the razors and find that the Schick ST regular works best for me. And I use Barbasol regular which brings a little Jurassic Park into my bathroom in the morning. :p)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I'm still in the Dark Ages: I still use Contour Plus :b Partly sentimental reasons, the "handle" was my father's.

I shave every other day, but that's partly because I keep a goatee (actually Van Dyke, ie mustache + chin beard; goatee is technically the chin-beard only and no mustache I believe -- someone pointed this out to me previously in AH). So a little stubble on the cheeks isn't as noticeable as when I was clean-shaven,

Most of us Chinese don't have much facial hair in the first place, but I'm one of those who still manages a "decent set of whiskers". The problem then is that the hairs on my face are pretty coarse, although not as numerous as (no doubt) most of you. I find the only time I get a good shave is if I haven't shaved for at least three days, and then shave after a long hot shower. Which means the only time I get a good shave is on Sunday evenings, after showering and not having shaved the entire weekend.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I've used the Bic throw-aways for years. I shave upon getting out of the shower and I never use shaving cream... and I get about a month out of a razor! Now, with that said, my Native American heritage left me with a sparce and spotty beard......

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I use the Gilette Mach 3 along with the Colenol's products.

I'll never go back to shaving cream after using the colenol's shaving soap and brush.

Along with this after shave balm

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Plenty of good products listed here and a few I'm going to have to give a try. One product to avoid at all costs no matter how curious you might be is using Nair for Men on your face.
Ok, I was curious and thought "hey, maybe I can go a few more days without shaving if I use this........" Needless to say the experiment was a failure and it felt like my face had been rubbed with a combination of sand paper / cheese grater for a couple of days.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I converted from electric to the Mach3 about a year ago. I tried the turbo but it irritated my face to much and they cost more. I shave directly after my shower I alternate every other day between Neutrogena Razor Defense Daily Face Scrub and Nivea Face Scrub, to shave I use my Mach3 and Neutrogena Razor Defense Shave Gel, and then finish with Neutrogena Razor Defense Daily Face Lotion to moisturize.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

You suck! :D

Mach 3 and Edge Gel for blade shaving (or just soap if shaving in the shower). Currently using a Braun Synchro electric.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

:laugh:

I've always looked older than my age and have never been carded in my life.

Back to topic...I've also tried the Remington and Norelco electrics, but like the Braun the best. Disposable razors are evil! I forgot to take my electric on a trip to Seattle and tried to shave using a disposable razor. Yikes! :)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor

Well, they lather REALLY well, and I love the action of getting the brush out and such.

Seriously, I do use Gillette Edge gel as well, but I do liek the Body Shop's stuff. I don't like the "lather", or near lack of it, from the gel, I guess.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Heh. A few years ago, I was on holiday in Vegas and was waiting around the slots for the others. A security guard came up to me and asked for ID -- I was 26 at the time. To be fair, I was clean-shaven back then. With the facial hair, no one has since thought I was "too young".

Recently, my brother-in-law was in England. He was buying a bottle of wine in a supermarket. As it was a cold day, he had a hat pulled on tight over his head -- sadly for him, he's balding quite badly and his hair looks like Zinedine Zidane's -- and the cashier said to him, "Boy, that's booze you know!" His response: "Excuse me, I'm 36!" "Oh, that's all right then!" :D Again, to be fair, save for his hairline, he does look rather youthful.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I've been using Mach 3s for a few years now and I think they're pretty good. The only downside is that they don't seem to reach all the way under my nose the way the Excel used to, which means I sometimes have a little patch of stubble just below my nostrils. I used a Turbo once, but it totally shredded my face: haven't tried one since (I think I have the rest of the blades around here somewhere).

I shave six times a week and the blade usually lasts around six-ten days, but my last blade lasted for five weeks without cutting me once. I only had to replace it because the soap strip was worn down to the nub. If I could only figure out the secret of this blade I would be rich!

Adam

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Pre-shave item # 1: Nivea face scrub (no more than 2 or 3 times per week)

Pre-shave item # 2: Anthony Logistics Pre-shave Oil

Shaving gel: King of Shaves Mentholated (best on Earth)

Razor: Mach 3 or Quattro, haven't found a significant difference between the two. Mach 3 may get a bit closer (very heavy beard).

Post-shave # 1: Nivea Balm or Anthony Logistics Razor Burn Repair (marshmallow)

Post-shave # 2: Rinse face with lukewarm to slightly cold water

Yeah, takes me a while to shave. If I don't do it all, I'm the guy on the commercial with his head in the freezer. Twenty years of shaving and I still have skin like a baby's a$$. :frowning:

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Long time Mach 3 Turbo user here too. I used to use electrics but they cut my face too much so I switched to the Mach3 and never looked back. I also never bother with creams etc just shave right after the shower and slap some water on my face. I do have a van dyke though so its really only my cheaks and neck that I'm shaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks