Hey Guys! Your favorite shave....

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Ronald Epstein, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Interested to find out what you gentlemen
    prefer to shave with.

I have been a long-time Gillette Mach 3 user.
    It provides a close (and more importantly)
    comfortable shave without hardly a nick.

Recently tried the new Schick Quattro, but
    found it to be a close but not as comfortable
    shave mainly because it lacks the gel strip.

Suffice to say I am happy with the Mach 3.

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

I'm happy with my Mach 3. Before that, I used Sensor Excel and only got the Mach 3 in a free trial offer. The Sensor Excel was pretty good, but the Mach 3 gives a closer shave.

I haven't tried anything else(except for those $1.00 ones that you throw out after a couple shaves).

3. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

I just switched to the new Schick. I find it does a really nice, close shave. Before I was using the Mach 3, but decided to try this out.

The extra strip is not a big deal (the Schick does indeed have a lubrication strip), as I use a shaving gel.

Also, the shaving soaps/creams from The Body Shop designed for men are quite good.

4. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

I have thick, manly-man facial hair (which I hate), and I use the Mach 3 Turbo. Five days or so, and the blade is shot.

5. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

What is this shaving thing of which you speak of? [​IMG] (Haven't shaved in ages but keep the beard trimmed.)

Used to use the Mach 3.

6. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

Interesting.

What makes them better than say, Gillette Edge
    Extra Sensitive gel from a can?

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I use the Mach 3 Turbo, but it seems kind of pointless - not only do I have an almost superhuman ability to grow hair, but my skin is thin enough that no matter how close I shave, there's still some darkness there. Thus, I usually grow a goatee (or vandyke - whichever one goat's don't have) during the winter.

8. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    The bulk pack of plastic shavers from CostCo and your basic Gillette sensitive skin cream.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

9. TedE

TedE Stunt Coordinator

I use the shave gel from Bath and Body Works. I would never have considered it until it was given to me as a gift. It rocks. Nice lather, very thick. For travel I use a shaving oil from Neil's Yard in the UK I think; the label has long since peeled off. This little container (literally the size of an eye dropper) has lasted me years. I haven't found anything comparable (read: as inexpensive) in the States. Shaving oil certainly takes some getting used to but I love it.

10. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

Oh yeah, it's all about the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo, any subtitle after that is just a color, like Champion or whatever...

11. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Venus, all the way. Great on the bikini line too!

[​IMG]

12. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I'm a Mach 3 Turbo guy. I tried the Quattro, though it gave a close shave it was not very smooth.

I was for years a Norelco electric shaver user, but about 4 years ago I started to using the Mach 3 and made the transition to to a non-electric way of shaving.

This past Christmas my wife purchased me a Braun electric shaver, the one that cleans itself, I tried it out and I didn't think it shaved any closer, in fact it took longer to shave then it did with a blade razor. Ended up taking it back.

Paul

13. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Mach 3 all the way! [​IMG]

14. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I too used to be an electric shaver who switched to a blade about a year ago...the blade is much closer and faster...no more electric for me...also it's much easier to carry a razor on a trip than an electric.

As for me, I am one of the lucky ones who has a very light beard (if you even want to call it that) and can re-use the same Mach 3 blade for like three weeks before having to replace it. I also don't have to shave every day....only every other day. I have a 5 oclock shadow on the second day, but not a bad one...nothing too noticable.

15. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Zen, I have to back out of that beer meet. Umm, something just came up, I forgot about some plans I had, yeah, that's it.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

16. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Ron, I had to use one of these in a pinch at an overnighter. Smooth as butter. I also use the green can Gillette(sp?) Sensitive.

Haven't used anything else since. Try it guys!

17. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

Mach 3 Turbo and thanks to someone here, King of Shaves shaving gel...by far the best shaving cream/gel I've ever tried.

18. Dan D.

Dan D. Stunt Coordinator

I used to be a big fan of American Crew herbal shave cream. On a whim, I picked up some Avalon Organic Botanicals cream shave at our local Wholefoods store and I've been hooked on it. (note: I'm not a strict organic products user... I love chemicals too!) It's really smooth and best of all, it stays slippery after a couple of strokes instead of scraping off completely. I shave in the shower so "staying power" is a big plus.

http://www.avalonnaturalproducts.com...&categoryid=77

19. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Faster? With my electric, I can shave in under 30 seconds. The trick is to shave every morning. I just run over my face real quick with the electric and I'm out the door.

The other trick is to replace the blades (that came with the shaver) with "good" ones. The ones that come with the electrics are pretty cheasy. Kind of a 'stock' radio...you gotta replace it with something better.

20. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I seem to stick to Gillette Good news razors. They work great in the shower.

I only shave once a week using a set of clippers, and about every 3 months with a razor.

They just did a review on a Canadian show called Street Cents where they tested a few different shave gels and whoodu thunk it, but Nivea for men won!

Brent