What's new

Hey guys, my MySpace Artist page is up! Check it out! (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hi y'all!
Over the last year out here in Cali. I have been recording my little Irish heinie off. (Tough to do because I record all the parts myself, no band...) and I have 4 original tunes on my new MySpace artist page. They are all slightly different style-wise. One is dancey-new wave, one is 50's style, one Springsteen-y and one somber and melancholy. Opinions welcome! And if y'all have a MySpace page, add me as a friend!
My goal is to have about 14 songs done and put on a CD in the next few months so I'm testing the waters!

http://www.myspace.com/francesca39sbrother

Thanks! dave, the 80's kid

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
thanks Jay! I used an E-bow on my strat for the cello-like break in the middle. It's what Big Country used alot and makes a very cool and unique sound.
I will check CD Baby out. I looked at Discmakers so far but thing they're a "wee" bit pricey.
My friend's band just used them and loved them though but there are 3 people in his group to split the cost. I do this alone so I do have to consider $ a bit.

:) dave

edit: oh, it's distribution. I assumed it was just manufacturing.
thanks!

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

Yes, CD Baby is into distribution of CDs for new artists without a label or for those that are tired of being ripped off by the system. I discovered it while helping a new female country western singer. A better link to explain CD Baby is here:

http://cdbaby.net/

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just got the tunes to work, nice job Dave. I just got my Artist page online as well, although ther's still a lot to do on it. How did you get the theme code to work? The only place I could find to install mine was in the Profile field, which shows up as the "Sounds Like" area.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jeff! Been getting decent feedback. My sister, "yes, Francesca" has already had offers to sing backup on a guy's album and someone wants to book her for a gig in NYC just based on her 3 tunes. Unfortunately, I am her guitar player/producer/co-writer and I am 3000 miles away!

Log in, go to HOME, then Click, "edit proflie", then "band details", then "bio" then when you see anything you wrote, background etc... enter the code after that, preview and then save. Should work there. I used pimp-my-profile.com....

Send me a friend request or post your URL here so I can check your tunes out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks