What's new

Hey everyone (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Scott
Hey guys and girls

I'm in the market for a home theater system I'm looking to upgrade a set up picked up at a garage sale. In searching online at reviews I stumbled across this website. I'm pretty tech savy with most forms of technology cameras, computers, cell phones and tvs but when it comes to audio and stereo equipment it's like another language. I always research my selections before laying out down the cash. Being technically minded I have to understand what it is I'm buying rather just believe everything I'm told. Had enough experience with sales people that will tell you anything to make you buy even though I know they are wrong while they speak. So I joined to try and get a better understanding of the technology and what to look for. I'll be asking a lot of questions in my search for a decent quality audio setup.

My current setup that I am building from. I don't use the 3D feature so I'm not looking for a 3D speaker set up. I chose that TV over the next step down because if the improved image quality. In the store side by side I could see the difference in the two. I'm looking for an HDMI receiver and speaker and sub system.

TV: LG 50PM6700
Bluray: BP620

Scott

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey Scott and welcome. I think I saw you post your inquiry over on the beginners/HTIB section and I suspect you'll have the best luck getting answers there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks