What's new

Hey Canadians Anyone Watch Corner Gas that was on CTV Tonight? (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Did anyone watch Corner Gas that stas comedian Brent Butt? He stars as a guy who owns a gas station right beside a niner in a small town in Saskatchewan called Dog River. I missed the firt 15 minutes but the rest I saw was pretty hillarious. THis show looks to be pretty funny. It's nice to have a show about Saskatchewan thats also made in Saskatchewan. I don't tink we had one since Puttnam's Prarie Emporium.

John Watson

Screenwriter
We saw that, it was a genuine hoot.

I commented to my wife that we tended to see these very good local shows more from the Maritimes - codco, Tralier Park boys, etc, than from out west.

Hope they can keep the writing upto the debut standards.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
This one surprised me. I wasn't expecting much. Very funny with a solid cast of characters. I'll tune in again next Thursday.

-Mike

TylerN

Stunt Coordinator
It was alot funnier than I expected, I'll definetly be watching it again. Brent Butt is hilarious in his stand up show, this show lives up to that. I Laughed throughout!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
You know it's too bad peoplein the States can't watch this. It really is an awesome funny show and it's CANADIAN!!!

John Watson

Screenwriter
It's 7 pm in NS, and our local CTV station is repeating CORNER GAS at 7:30 pm, if anyone is interested.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed it much more then I thought it was. The slam cuts/fades were a little annoying, but got more then my fair share of laughs out of it.

Speaking of new Canadian shows, anyone catch Rick Mercer's new show?

John Watson

Screenwriter
CTV ran episode 2 last night - one of the Kids in the Hall plays The Taxman. Tho the TV guide says its gonna be on on Thursday?

The cuts are fast, but it's really a gentle humour, and get this, not smutty! I like the flashbacks. Could make a nice short series.

BTW, when is this damm country gonna get a winter holiday?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks