What's new

Heroes Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

At first I thought Peter was Nathan...somehow. Now I'm figuring Nathan was feeling terribly guilty because of what happened to Peter. That's the story I'm going with until I hear differently.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
We also saw Sylar in the clip during the opening voiceover, from what definately appeared to be from upcoming episodes.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, this was promoted as "presented with minimal interruption"; it'll probably be 5-10 minutes shorter next week (but run over into Journeyman's slot to make up for it).

I think the writers sometimes have a tough time getting a handle on how Claire reacts to her injuries; my take is that she's been able to heal nearly all her life and thus doesn't care about pain as much as the rest of us - where for us, it's a signal to stop what you're doing right now because you risk serious injury or death, her brain doesn't have that association. It's a nuisance, sometimes more than others, but not really something that she needs to worry about; hence her reaction to it is often more muted.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I'm guessing that's based on the assumption they're going to cross the border. As of now, they're still in Mexico.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I also though that Nathan might be Peter. Since they gave no explanation as to how/why Nathan is still alive, when he looked in the mirror and saw what looked to be a charred Peter, I thought that he had absorbed Candices powers and was masquarading as Nathan, and that he had Absorbed Niki/Jessica and had this evil double in the mirror. Of course all that went out the window at the end of the episode.

I also thought it was confusing/strange that in the opening voiceover they showed several scenes that had not aired yet, even in this episode.

Oh, and over the summer, the online comics confirmed one thing that had been speculated on in the season one thread:

Candice really is a heavy unattractive girl

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is THE show I was waiting for. I loved S1 and last night did not disappoint. So much fun! The only aspect I'm not crazy about so far is the "Hiro" sub plot. I'm just not wowed by the prospect of a protracted reinvention of a fictitious legend.

I really liked the introduction of Midas (yes, Noah). I'm also surprised that Suresh, Parkman and HRG trust cell phones so much.

I enjoyed my one post in this thread. May not be back: so much risk of spoilers and rampant speculation in this super threads that I get scared off :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

And they are illegally in Mexico. And, they have hired a coyote to take them to America. It's not hard math. Oh, and there's the fact that the producers call them illegals in interviews.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The twins are from the Dominican Republic. There was a brief reference to them just leaving or planning on leaving Honduras IIRC.

Also, did anyone notice that the Kensei's mask looked suspiciously like Future Hiro, with the pony tail and the flava-sava?

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Great start to the new season.

Claire's new "friend" is a little creepy and his flying ability can make him dangerous. I'm going to take a really, really wild guess and say that he's the one that killed George Takei. Whoever killed him, had to have a special ability to survive the fall from that building.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Maybe...Flying Boy is really Nathan in disguise???

Let me ask you all a question: Is the the virus mentioned just a red herring, or is it real?

Here's another question, a brief poll, if you will. Think back to high school...were all the cheerleaders in your high schools mean, stuck-up little horror-mongers? 'Cause they sure weren't in my high school. Most of them were very nice. I don't understand the concept of Hollywood vs. High School Popularity. In my high school, people were popular if they were nice and well-liked. In tv and movies, popular people are always Big Time A-holes. I don't get it, but my theory is that most tv writers were big ol' nerds in h.s. and are taking out their revenge on their former popular classmates by writing mean, mean things about them. Does my theory hold water, or were the cheerleaders and other popular folk in your schools just the meanest people on earth??

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The cheerleaders in my high school were, in fact, losers. :) The popular and attractive girls were running track and playing field hockey, rather than dancing around as a sideshow.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think it's just an easy stereotype that writers use to quickly show who a character is. When you have a cheerleader (or any popular person) who gives your character a dirty look, she's automatically a bitch and you don't have to waste any more time making her out as a bitch.

It's funny because most movies and TV shows made me think that high school would be the most ruthless cut throat hell on earth that I could imagine and then when I was actually in high school, I was never bothered by anyone.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
One thing this show is not afraid to do is introduce new characters, so I don't see why anyone -- Claire's new boyfriend, Hiro's dad's killer -- has to be masquerading as anyone else. Based on what was said, the killer is one of "the Nine" (not the canceled ABC show). It might be the same guy that's haunting Molly, but maybe not.

As far as the Wonder Siblings: were the victims bleeding from just the eyes, or elsewhere? Is it the same as on The 4400?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks