What's new

Heroes Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Heroes: Origins" is lining up to be a really interesting project. We all knew it would be an anthology series only tangentally connected to the main series. What I didn't know was that each episode would be written AND directed by the same person.

So far Tim Kring has lined up:
Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back)
Michael Doughtery (X2, Superman Returns)
Eli Roth (Cabin Fever, Hostel)

and if Harry from AICN is to be believed:
John August (Go, Big Fish, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, The Nines)

All are interesting, distinct, notable genre filmmakers. It'll be interesting seeing the different ways such radically different filmmakers take the same canvas.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's impressive. I kind of hope that Kring manages to line up some guys from outside North America for the last two (Edgar Wright and Shusuke Kaneko, for instance), but that's a nice group he's putting together there.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just read something--annoying--about the one new cast member that some of you probably know I am a fan of. The following isn't a story spoiler, necessarily, though I guess it depends on how she is presented.

According to zap2it, by way of my paper's TV magazine, Kristen Bell is only in a limited run on the show. I was under the impression that she was joining for the duration. :frowning: Maybe most of you know that, but it was news to me. Also news to me is that she was asked to join Lost but didn't want to move to Hawaii. God, that would have been awesome. She's about the only one I'd say that about, because I hated Nikki and Paulo being forced on us. But, I digress.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thought I'd join in, I just finsihed S1 on DVD last night since I missed it on broadcast. Wow, pretty exciting run all the way to the end. Loved the George Takei and Hiro stuff, nice to see him in something else and used well. He's a lot more powerful an actor when he's doing the dialogue in Japanese.

I didn't watch that show that the new cast member is spoilerized in. So I wouldn't know what the possible spoiler was. I am also jazzed to see what they do with....possible spoiler, Nichelle Nichols

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I like Heroes, but not REALLY into it like I am with Lost.
I'm hoping Season 2 is awesome and will bring me in more.

I guess I should re-watch season 1 too, to maybe brighten me up more on the show

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm gonna try to jump into Heroes tonight after having watched a total of 6 episodes of S1...3 at the beginning and 3 at the end. Here's to hoping I can just "jump in."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not a bad start, enjoyed HRG's response to the over-bearing "manager". Looks like Mrs. Bennett lost some weight.

Somehow I think Hiro will turn out to be the real Kensai.

So West can fly. Maya can do some bad things when she's scared for her life.

Fort Knox - nice midas touch.

Molly and Parkman - the boogeyman is still haunting Molly.

That's a big beard for 4 months of scruffiness on Nathan. Does Peter have iPod powers as well?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I thought the boy in Claire's class was Peter in shapeshift mode since he was flying. How can he fly when flying is Nathan's power? Kensei is hilarious — as was H.R.G.'s speech to his ballbusting boss.

I forgot how slow this show was when it was first gearing up. That's going to take some getting used to. The whole Ten Little Indians routine with Sulu and Angela was creepy — and the voice Parkman heard inside Molly's head was even creepier.

Thankfully no Nikki tonight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Didn't miss Nikki/Jessica much at all.

What's funny is that David Anders' claim to fame is doing a decent English accent (on Alias as Sark), though he's American.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was sure to keep my expectations in check since I watched S1 on NBC.com over a few weeks in the summer and could just keep watching episode after episode if I wanted but I thought this was a pretty good start to the season.

I hope Hiro's dad isn't dead. I'm digging Kensei/David Anders. It's great seeing Stephen Tobolowsky (the guy recruiting Mohinder- is his character's name really Fort Knox, Patrick?) in anything.

You ain't kiddin'. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just gave Tobolowsky's character the nickname of "Fort Knox" for fun since he has the Midas touch.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Um, guy's, his name is Noah. ;)

West sort of resembled Tom Welling in season one of Smallville with that hair, and didn't he play 'Larry' in Election?

Great start, I hated that Clair had to back down, I realize that her clear head prevailed and she can't give up her secret to everyone that easily but I still wanted her to show that bitch a thing or two about jumping from high places. :D

And is it me or is there some major wierdness going on in the Bennet household? Everyone was acting so strange at dinner.

I like the gold dude's power, that one would solve some problems. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's what I do, nickname new characters based on their powers. Still haven't come up with one for Maya and Alejandro, though I've heard a well-known nickname for them: Wonder Twins

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks