What's new

Heroes Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought that his appearance at Monica's was a bit quick unless Nana Dawson (Nichelle Nichols) contacted the company or they have been watching the family all this time.

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And cockroaches feature in this week's "graphic novel" installment - Molly's Dream.

From Matt's experience this episode, I think he should be able to bring Molly out of her dream if he gets the chance. If so, then his father actually did help him out.

Neil

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My theory is that the Company keeps tabs on all the local law enforcement across the country. The case report at the fast food joint had to have been pretty unusual...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Yeah, there are just way too many characters. I hate
to be so so negative, but I don't like any of them. This has
been a very tough season to get into thus far.

Not much going on this week. Looks like Parker's Dad is
on the loose and lightning lady has one we have yet to meet.

Loved the dream fight sequence. It was brilliantly choreographed.

This is the first time I have watched Heroes on NBC
and I am amazed by the amount of graphic advertising they
throw across the screen promoting other shows.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Not to be a party pooper, but I thought this episode was pretty much of a dud.

I tend to agree with Ron's assessment that these new characters and storylines don't grab me like season one did.

Even the arrival of Kristen Bell was nothing to write home about. "Lightning Girl" is the best they can come up with for her?

On the plus side, I really liked how they executed the Maury Parkman portion of the story. Definitely creepy and intense... and more along the lines of what I have come to expect from this series.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Monica is the new Claire.

Given some of the parallels, it would be pretty neat if she were the "darker" side of the same coin (i.e., evolved into a bad guy). That's pretty unlikely though, she seems pretty sweet.

--
H

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's the new characters per se; Elle made a good impression quickly and I personally like Monica Dawson a lot. I think the trouble is that early on, Heroes forgot one of the main things that made it stick out last year: Stuff happened. It was especially noticeable watching live; something noteworthy went down in each "act". It wasn't Lost, constantly promising big revelations if you just stuck around; it was more like 24, packing more into an hour than any two episodes of other series.

The first few episodes of this year were pretty clearly set-up, with the sting reserved for the end. Now we're getting more of a roller-coaster ride throughout the hour, and it's starting to become more like the show I remember from last season.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I guess I'm in the minority that's enjoying this season so far. I knew they were planning on expanding the Heroes universe from the start as Tim Kring stated in interviews that each season would be it's own and that some characters won't last while some will.

I'll be sticking around.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
This is how straw men start :). I think most posters in this thread are enjoying this season. So you are in the majority, believe it or not.

--
H

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Is it possible Elle was being sarcastic with the "daddy" comment? Like, when your friend scolds you, and you say, "Yes, DAD." Probably not, but I'm just wondering.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I like Micah. I can definately see him as a driving force later on in the "come on let's do stuff!" role.

I like how the character behaves like I would think a kid with powers, who is also highly intelligent, would. He doesn't simply go blabbing to everyone about what he can do, but at the same time he recognizes when other people are "special," and doesn't mind using his powers to coax an admission/realization out of them.

Also, sometimes he just behaves like a kid - the ATM scene in the first season, and the sign junkyard in vegas (does this have an official name?) in the comic.

Most of the other characters seem to be caught up in personal struggles, either internal or external. Meanwhile, we have Micah, who like Hiro, seems to undertand the "bigger picture," in that something is happening, and maybe the powers should be used. All the other characters (save Hiro) are more concerned with WHY it's happening, and what it "means." Micah just asks "okay, cool, now what?"

Then again, I like the Niki character too...

Another thing, I don't think it's a coincidence that Peter's box held a plane ticket to Montreal, and his painting showed somewhere "French." While it's possible it was Paris (mentioned in the first season a few times) or New Orleans, Montreal seems to be logical candidate for the painting's locale. Also, I think the church was Notre Dame in Montreal.

In addition, I'm glad the "box" was just literally a box of junk, and didn't hold some weird crap in it.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
While I am not ready to adopt him just yet, Micah has been tolerable so far this season, and a positive force in the last episode.

--
H

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Just to throw something out there - we have no proof that the company Elle works for is "The Company". She could be working for a competitor of sorts.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

I agree. Last season he came off as a whiny and annoying. This season, he's more of a cute, little, goof ball which is much more tolerable. Plus they gave him the best line of the episode last night. It was a LOL moment - at least the writers are acknowledging the fact the Nikki/Jessica/Micah/D.L. storyline wasn't very popular with a lot of fans last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks