What's new

Heroes Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Is there anything in the painting that makes it certain that the apparent HRG is dead rather than wounded? I don't recall the top of his head being missing or anything like a decapitation.

Regards,

Joe

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

The painting depicted "someone" in horn-rimmed glasses with a bullet through the eye.

Technically I guess it's possible to survive that...

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I'm sure there is some medical case of someone having nothing but the loss of the eye (ie no brain damage or death).

Heck, I'm sure most have seen that picture of the dude with the massive spike through his entire head - IIRC he didn't have any permanant damage (not even a headache!).

Either way, the remark was made in jest, but I'm sure someone COULD survive it (doubtful on TV though, I'm talking real life).

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Mohinder talks in the first episode about the cockroach being the height of evolution.

"But we are not the pinacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach. Capable of living for months without food. Remaining alive headless for weeks at a time. Resistant to radiation. If god has indeed created in his own image, then I submit to you that god is a cockroach."

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

But are we sure it was a bullet? Maybe just an eye lost? Noah could totally pull off the eye-patch look. Or maybe one of his lenses being black.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, guys, I'm back. I'm also fully up-to-date with Heroes

For the past 6 days my life has been turned upside down
trying to get through Season One on HD-DVD and
then watch the past 4 episodes of Season Two on NBC.COM.

Heroes was just one of those shows that fell through
the cracks. By the time that show became a household name I
had missed too much of it to try and catch up. I had always
wanted to see the show, but planned to buy it on DVD over the
Summer and be ready for Season Two in the Fall.

However, my HD-DVD copy of Season One came only a little
over a week ago. With Season Two already in full swing it
was time for me to cram and get caught up. Well...I'm here.

Let me say this....

Heroes Season One grabbed me from the start. It
was some of the most exciting television I had seen in quite
some time. I really appreciated the well-thought storytelling
that moved back and forth through timelines and managed to
come together so wonderfully. I loved the characters and even
got emotional over the deaths (Simone was someone I really liked).

For 5 nights straight, I was glued to my television and I could
not wait to get home from work to watch another episode.

This morning I started Season Two, and I swear it's
as if I am watching another show. I'm not very happy with the
season thus far. I think the problem for me is all the new
characters. I don't like any of them.

The story of Hiro going back to ancient Japan and meeting the
English guy (who was his hero) just didn't interest me. The story
of the Mexican twins is pretty lame. I think the black girl who
works at the hamburger restaurant is absolutely as obnoxious as
Molly, who I find to be a brat. Finally, I just can't get into Claire's
new boyfriend. He also has this obnoxious quality to him, so unlike
the "coolness" of her old friend, Zach (I think that was his name).

....then there's the Irish Joe Piscopo lookalike who is befriending
Peter.

I'm not saying that I'm not enjoying Season Two. It's just
that none of this has managed to grab me from the getgo as much
as the first season did. I just haven't become comfortable with
these new characters nor really care much about them.

This also doesn't mean I am no longer a fan of Heroes.
Fact is, I am a huge fan. I love this show, and I hope now that I
am caught up I can participate with the rest of you on a regular
basis.

The biggest thrill for me this season is the inclusion of Uhura as
Micah's Aunt. I am just thrilled with these Star Trek references
and actors. Can't wait to see the Kirk vs. Syler duel! :)

Good to be amongst fans here. Looking forward to tonight's show.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Kirsten Bell's profile should increase dramatically after landing a role on such a high profile show. There were traces of Veronica Mars in her performance tonight but it was all good as far as I'm concerned.

Soon - Canada!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
HRG and Null-n-Void are doing some serious traveling.

Peter paints again.

Loved the meta-wink at the fans when Ando was all distraught about not knowing if Hiro survives the battle against White Beard and his army.

Kristen Bell's got some serious zappage, and no inhibitions against frying humans that give her the runaround.

Copycat? I guess it fits, but I still like Mo-Mimic. I really wanted to see her dunk.

Parkman and Nathan would not make it as an intrepid detective pair.

No Blunder twins. No Flyboy. Yay!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Man. Veronica Mars sucks ass. At least we know where Peter got his Blanka act from. Looks like he's going to be walking to New Orleans soon.

Everything was good tonight. Even Peter. So, that's good.

Heh. I like that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I never thought I would say this, but I did not miss Claire at all. She's a great character, but they had enough other stuff going on to keep my interest.

This week's episode was better than last week's episode was better than all the mediocre episodes that preceeded that. Let's hope that, like the first season, the momentum continues to build.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
assuming Parkman's dad killed Hiro's dad; who's the guy in the hoody? i mean it could have been an illusion but Ando saw him too. papa parkman affecting mama petrelli the way he (apparently) did was alot more inline with his powers.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What particularly adds to this question is that Parkman's dad can't create illusions like Candice could. When Nathan and Matt were seeing a different world, they were completely disengaged from the world. That same phenomena could explain Mama Petrelli's behavior in the police station, but it couldn't explain the lights going off or the doors locking (unless, of course, the "locked" doors were really the gateway imposed by Maury to isolate Angela's compromised state of mind).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The prevailing opinion seems to be that the painting depicts Montreal. I really don't know much about Montreal at all, but could it fit there as well? The street signs definitely have the same design as French Quarter street signs, and the building in the back might have been St. Louis Cathedral. My memory is that it didn't look that much like it, though. I'm guessing Montreal will be a red herring. Was that where Peter was going with Claire to escape the visions, or is it something totally unknown to us thus far?

Forgot to mention earlier that it was well done having nice, harmless Mohinder seem rather sinister to the audience when he showed up at Monica's door. We know he doesn't personally have ill intentions, but still wish he hadn't found her.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Actually, didn't you predict something quite different? I remember you thinking her mimicry was perhaps not limited to physical motions, and could extend to powers. Also, wasn't there something about Micah and power transferment?

Either way, I think it's clear that it's exactly like the 9th wonder! comic and Micah stated - it's pure muscle memory, kicked up a few notches. Like I said, I wouldn't expect her to be tossing around lightning anytime soon.

With that said, just as I stated in an earlier post, while it's my claim that they will never give extra powers to characters other than Peter and Sylar, some powers can be "extended."

Who knows how powerful Maury, and perhaps Matt's "mind" is potentially. Like I said, there could be a real Jean Grey-type possibility. This could explain the doors locking and the lights turning off. The mind could have extended into the realm of telekenesis.

Also, there is no proof at all that Elle's father is Bob from the company. All we know is she called "someone" dad, and that he appears to work for The Company. It is a good theory however.

Another thing I will mention, is the electricty power Peter and Elle have. So far, there is no evidence that Peter obtained this power from Elle. In fact, by my count, it's the most prevelant power in the Heroes universe (that we've seen). Elle has it, an officer working for Parkman in the future had it (it's in one of the comics), Peter then took this ability from the Officer, and a fourth person had it (a dying man [who didn't die], also in a comic series).

Just as with the paternity of Elle, I'm not saying it's not a good theory that Peter got the power from Elle during the four months missing time we havn't seen. In fact, I too would bank on that storyline being a part of the episode that "fills in" those 4 months. All I'm saying is it's a popular power :)

One more thing, my guess is that Bob is going to be a "good guy," in the way Noah was set up to appear to be evilish, yet end up on the "good side." I just can't see that actor (whose name escapes me) being cast a villian. Not that he can't act or anything, just my feeling.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Molly naming Parkman's father Nightmare Man may be her way of describing him but I think the name Mastermind is more appropriate. He seems to be more similar to Jason Wyngarde of The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

As for Kristen Bell, how about Lightning Lass? or Lightning Bitch? :)

Also, I too prefer "Mo-Mimic"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Kristen upped her hotness factor by 100 on Heroes for me, there's just something about a blonde with Sith lightning. ;)

I think i'm going to call her HVH which of course stands for High Voltage Hottie. :D

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
I couldn't stand to watch her on Veronica Mars and I can't stand to watch and evil version of Veronica Mars on Heroes. Same character slightly different attitude. I say send her after Peter and have him nuke her.
I'm partial to the name West but he has to go too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks