What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
She was not trying to kill herself, she was assessing her limits. It was clear that she could not remain seriously hurt what whatever happened to her or whatever she had tried to inflict on herself up to that point. So she wanted to see how far she could go, where the limit was, if any.

Speaking of assessing one's power/limits, if you though you could fly, would your first try be from the top of a 20 story building with asphalt below?

The ending of last ep suggests that he can't fly, but he did mention his feet hovering a bit before touching the ground when getting off the bed some morning before.

So people like Hiro. Already, I find him near unbearable.

--
H

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood

Mystery Men. Heck it even had Dane Cook as "The Waffler". :)

Interesting first epsiode, I agree with everyone else on the character of Nikki, she seemed so out of place. I wish the writer had taken his time and introduced the characters a bit slower so to speak.
I would've prefered the first episdoe to just be about Peter and Mohinder, then maybe the next episode about Hiro and Nikki and so forth. I will admit, Hiro was easily my favorite character, he was just so fun to watch, I got excited with him as he tried out his power on something bigger each time. I was expecting a "BAMF" noise when he teleported to New York and will probably call his BAMF'ing in the future anyway.

I think Mohinder was my second favorite character, there is a lot there that is unexplained, does he have a super-power, or will he be more of a Prof. Xavier kind fo chracter without the super-power and be the other's go to guy?

I look forward to Grunberg's character, who is the main reason I wanted to watch the show, so I hope his character is cool.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Maybe his power is that he can siphon off others' powers, like Rogue, but without needing to touch them. Perhaps his subconscious mind is able to do it, but he can't do it consciously yet, so he's able to steal the power of flight while he's dreaming, but when he wakes up he loses the mental state necessary for it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

My DVR messed up the first night, so I had to catch this scene in rerun. I like the younger brother's look of resentment that it wasn't him who could fly. Looks like he's still in the shadow, though it'll probably turn out his ability is important in the end.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what scene was harder to watch....
The cheerleader shoving her ribs back in.
The mob guy cut in two
Or the Japanese guys doing karaoke to the Backstreet Boys. :P

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike

It was clear that she attempted to kill herself before the start of the show, and found that she couldn't.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
So can the Cheerleader feel pain? It doesn't appear so, unless she can really hold it in.
I think that is what is brilliant about Lost. Each episode is focused on one character, even though you still have the whole group dynamic on the island.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
If she does, it's certainly not commensurate with the kind of trauma we've seen her sustain. She didn't even know her rib was sticking out until her schoolmate pointed at the blood stain on her shirt.

--
H

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Saying the high fall was "attempt #6" right before the commercial break indicates that that was not her first attempt to test her limits/kill herself.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When the guy was filming her fall, once she recovered she said to the camera something like, "This was attempt number six."

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
His teleportation is based on "folding space/time" and not on Star Trek-style trasportation. Not sure which would be more difficult.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

If that's what Mike was referring to, I'm in no way convinced that she was suicidal before. I take that to refer to her testing her limits. She found she was "unbreakable," so she maybe jumped off of something fairly low on her first attempt at testing it. By attempt six, she was getting pretty high up there.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

She also stated that she put an iron rod through her neck. Not exactly the most safest way to test your limits.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Neither is jumping off a 20-story building to see if one can fly. Yet he wasn't suicidal now, was he?

--
H

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

Yes he was. My take on the cheerleader could be a touch of both. Suicidal because of issues she's having including who are her real parents. But once she attempted to kill herself she finds out that she has these regenerative powers. Just my thoughts, should be interesting to see how this plays out with this guy and the fact that he is searching for these special people and his daughter happens to be one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks