What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
LarryDavenport said:
It looks like Mr. Linderman has been cast:

Awesome!

Damn faulty memory! For some reason I'm recalling Claire's father being shown from the neck down in a purple-ish suit last night. Malcolm McDowell could definitely be wearing such a suit.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
LOL, speaking as a believer in the supernatural, i'll be damned if i'm not stumped on how ghosts have cloths on. :laugh:

Great ep last night, but that statement is becoming as redundant as saying that the sun will set. One thing that I must point out that I am getting a little weary of is Mohinder's fortune cookie monologues at the start and finish of episodes, I don't know what the hell he's talking about most of the time lol.

I'm also beginning to see your points about the Nikki/Jessica storyline, it's going absolutely nowhere and has zero to do with anything else that's going on in the show, although I do like the DL and Micha parts.

Speaking of Micha, that boy needs a stern talking to after what he did, I REALLY hope that DL doesn't encourage or let him get away with stunts like that.

Super power + early deliquincy = future super villain.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
DL's clothes can pass through walls for the same reason that the Invisible Man's turn invisible - both powers involve generating a force-field that extends a short distance beyond their own bodies. At least that's the typical comic book explanation for such things, and it makes sense given the way they use their powers and the degree of control they seem to have over them. DL could walk through a wall and solidify his feet so they don't pass through the floor as soon as each is clear, or pass his hand through a barrier and still take and hold his wife's. The objects IM picks up are not seen mysteriously floating in the air, so clearly he can conceal them as well. (The way he grabbed Peter suggests that he expected to render Peter invisible by his touch, so he didn't worry about people seeing a man being lifted into the air by an invisble force. I don't think he realized at first that Peter was already invisible.)

They both probably did have a number of problems with this sort of thing when they first got their powers, but learned to control them, perhaps by extending their "fields".

As for Claire's father:

My money's on Hiro. ;) Hey, he's a time-traveller, he's got a thing for blondes from Texas, and Claire has just a hint of Asia in her features. OK, if its not him, I say its Jessica. You've got to admit, it would be a shocker. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Sort of the same reason why Superman's wardrobe is protected from bullits, his aura protects whatever he's wearing which allows him to get away with wearing Earth-made clothing.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Regarding Claire's real father:

If Nathan is Claire's father, then there is no hope for Peter to get it on with Claire! Unless it's already happened and wouldn't that put a damper on Nathan's political career. :)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Actually, there was at least one version of the origin story where it was made clear that his "Super-suit" was made from the blankets that traveled with him from Krypton, and.... Oh crap! You just tricked me into setting off every geek alarm in Michigan. :eek:

Regards,

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Agreed. After all, he did slow down time when he stole the sword at the museum. It's kind of annoying that he keeps going on about not having his powers when he just used them!

-paul

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Agreed. After all, he did slow down time when he stole the sword at the museum. It's kind of annoying that he keeps going on about not having his powers when he just used them!

-paul

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
If you remember when he "jumped," when he was trying to kiss Charlie, Hiro wound up back in Japan and had to take a plane back to Texas. He still has his powers, it's just that his battery is low.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Is that really the voice of the guy who plays Mohinder? I wasn't sure, but didn't think it was, it sounds kind of different in the voiceovers.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sure sounds like him to me. I'll try my hand at a pretentious, nonsensical Mohinder voiceover:

"Ever since man's earliest ancestor crawled out of the primordial ooze, he has searched for that which he cannot find. But, what will he do if it happens to find him? These are the questions that shake the fabric of time and bring us closer to our understanding of the universe and the essence of we."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks