What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Personally, I can't see missing any of the show if I can avoid it. It ends with Nikki making a statement I think followers of the show should hear -- Nikki fan or not.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Does Invisible Man's power make him truly invisible? Or is his ability simply a trick of the mind on those around him?

If his ability simply clouds the minds of those around him, then that would make his power useless against surveillance cameras and such, somewhat curtailing the extent to which he is able to live a life of crime.

The first thing I thought of when Invisible Man's power was revealed was how unstoppable Sylar would be if he were to gain that power. If Sylar gets the power of invisibility, only Peter will be able to see him.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
My guess about the invisibility is that at this time he has no control over it. He looked kind of like a bum in the old-school sense. Hadn't shaved, didn't look too clean and so on. Speaking of Buffy, I half wonder if they hadn't borrowed the invisible student plot line a bit from that show. In that show, a girl who was kind of an outcast already went from being invisible in the "I'm not popular" sense to actually being invisible. Turned her buggy, too.

I was also subtly reminded of Neil Gaimen's NEVERWHERE, in which the homeless, the street people and so on had a level of "non-noticability" where they weren't truly invisible but were actively NOT noticed by those from "London above" (i.e. everyone else). Great to see Eccelston hop over here for a show.

I agree about missing Eden, too, but having BRICK on DVD helps with that. If folks haven't seen it, it is a wonderful movie and she is good in it.

As for the sword, I don't think it is magical in any way but instead see it as a similar "focus" to one of George R. R. Martin's WILD CARDS stories. In those superhero books (some are good if you can find the old editions), there was a character who had telekinesis but after a while he couldn't use it when in his "civilian" clothing at all. He had created a kind of metal machine to fly around in (using his powers only) and after a while he could only use his powers in that (and went by the name "The Turtle" or some such). So while not truly helping his powers it became a signficant "focus" that became a key to his powers. For Hiro, who is coming off a bad run of failure (in particular the attempt to save the waitress), he needed this "quest" to get his mojo back and after seeing the picture of he and the dinosaur (awesome how that prediction came "true," by the way) he saw a way around it.

To quote every bad after school special, he didn't have to really get it because the "power was in him all the time!" (cue sappy after school special music).

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Due to two separate technological mishaps that put the kibosh on three DVRs in my house all set to record Heroes on Monday, I'm late to the party after watching on nbc.com last night. Better late than never, I suppose. Most of what I would have said has been covered, so I'll just add these two thoughts --

I was expecting Sylar to be on the loose. After he pulled Eden through the window, I thought he had his powers back and would easily escape. Guess he either ran into Null and Void or some other obstacle. Was expecting a mention of whatever they changed about the security to keep him confined this time. Unless he's playing possum? Unlikely because Mr. Bennett has to know Sylar has some of his abilities back and that additional precautions are necessary.

Favorite Hiro line - "Mr. Isaac drew me, but my face not so round."

Rick Guynn

Second Unit

The graphic novel after the episode revealed Null and HRG arriving on the scene right after Eden shot herself. HRG pumped Sylar full of tranq darts before he could do anything.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

I'm sure not everyone will agree, but I really don't like the cross-media watch/read/buy to get the full story for any show. I don't like crossover plots between multiple shows either, just for the record. My opinion is if its not covered in an episode of that same TV show then its a plothole. We see Sylar beginning his escape and then we see him in his cell again. I don't recall seeing how his escape was thwarted.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I'm ok with the comic as long as it is a supplement. I read them sporadically. It shouldn't be necessary for watching the show. The decision was made by Patrick that comic book material should be spoilerized. Seems like a good move since the writers used the comic book to misdirect as to who the new hero for this week would be.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

I thought it was made quite clear that Jessica was pretending to talk to Niki to trick the lawyer into thinking she had a split personality.

Niki even said so when she told the lawyer not to believe Jessica because she was trying to trick him.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Right. And Niki saying, "Don't believe any of this, Jessica is trying to trick you" clearly proves that Niki is trying to trick him. Or something. :) Wouldn't pretending not to know what is going on during her blackouts be more convincing? (The actual pattern in so-called cases of "multiple personality disorder" is for the "normal" or "base" personality to be completely unaware of the other(s). So if Niki knew something about the syndrome and expected both the lawyer and the prison shrink to know about it as well, that's what she'd "play" to make it seem real.)

Regards,

Joe

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
My read is that Jessica and Niki are two entities sharing the same body. One has (barely) superhuman strength and an extra tattoo. Previously they were quite separate, with Niki totally blacking out, but they are now merging and are fully aware of each other.

So when you say "pretending" are you saying that it was Jessica in control the whole time -- except at the end -- and Jessica pretended to be Niki? I don't recall the scene in detail, but that isn't necessary. It was Jessica and Niki arguing sorta, and maybe Jessica did encourage the MPD idea, but she didn't have to fake anything.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Are we sure only Peter could see him, and not all the other heroes?

Also, were we able to see the code that the paper company guy wrote on the back of the card? I checked out the website on the card and it has a part asking for a code, thats why I ask.

Sean*O

Second Unit
What if Null (Spec man) really does have powers, and it turns out that he truly is the biological father of Claire and has attempted to hide her using the adoption angle?

BrianBr

Agent

Where did you pull out those numbers from?!?!? I hope they aren't just some random/meaningless numbers... otherwise... get LOST Henry Gale....
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
:D ;)

-Brian

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
That's funny. I was just gonna come on here to tell everyone about the paper company job application that I just did. Glad to know, Im late to the party.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They weren't interested in my application:)

Good episode tonight I guess, though I couldn't really point out anything that actually happened. I think I'm going to enjoy the Invisible Man though.

Phil Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil Garcia
Had a slight hint of blah-Clone War like dialog for a sec ("It's breaking my heart!") but other than that, another fantastic episode.

And so enters the parents of all these Heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks