What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So how long did it run over? I got as far as Isaac answering the door.

I doubt Niki is dead. The way the phasing stuff usually works, it's just a shock that knocks you out. On a "scientific" level, the phaser can't actually materialize the hand to cause damage, because that would be bad for him too.

Too bad they looked a lot like his own glasses. Unless that's also on purpose, they should pick ones that looked different.

EricW

Senior HTF Member

exactly. Nikki wasn't hurt by the hand in the chest, she was hurt by the choking (if it was the hand in the chest, they wouldn't have did the choking). yeah i know there was an instant when the hand was in the chest but she wasn't being choked, and there was this expression on her face, but i think that was more surprise than pain.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I think Nikki might be similar to Alan Moore's Miracleman. The basic premise is that the superhero and the normal person occupy two different bodies, only one existing in our dimension at any given time. So, that would explain how Bad Nikki can have a tattoo that Good Nikki doesn't herself have. We may find out that one of the Nikkis is seriously injured by the fight, but the other is perfectly healthy.
But then again, maybe not. :)

Sean*O

Second Unit
I don't get the Sci Fi channel anymore so I can't catch the rerun.

Would anyone be kind enough to leave a brief description of the last few minutes of the show?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Guy's, Niki isn't dead so get that out of your heads, the show would not kill one of it's main characters this soon, especially when the ground for drama with her is now so fertile. D.L.'s power is off the hook cool, but for some reason I thought he'd be a villian, he actually turned out to be the more sympathetic one, especially when compared to evil Niki.

I feel badly for Micah, he's caught in the middle of a battle between two super-powered parents, one or possibly both of them deranged. :frowning: I watched the episode with a friend last night and he came up with a theory about Micah, he observed that maybe Micah posseses the power of extreme intellect, afterall look at his prowess at electronics at such a young age. Hey, why not, afterall both of his parents posses some incredible ability, it stands to reason that MAYBE he got something as well.

I never trusted Eden, either, she always looked like she was scanning Mohinder for info, just something about the way she always looked at him. Hiro will learn that going back and tampering with what has already transpired is not a good thing, I don't think he'll get his "do over".

I have a theory about Niki's power, from what I can gather she seems to posses two things, she certaintly has an evil alter ego that compells her Gollum VS Smeagle-style to do very bad things and two she seems to posses the ability of astral-projection or some other bi-location ability that allows her to be in two locations simultaniously, it's the only explanation that makes any sense as far as I can see.

Claire's having a tough teen life so far lol, she's an unbreakable with a quasi-sinister father who sets her up on a phony meet & greet with two shady characters pretending to be her birth parents and oh yeah, she was also raped, killed and woke up on an autopsy table (BTW, i've seen all that I want to of her rib cage this season). Poor girl, and oh yes, she's the key to stopping an unspeakable apocolypse from hitting New York.

The girl's got problems, and all this after only six episodes lol.

Over the course of the first six chapters did we ever see the missing painting that Peter and Isaac need back? If so what did it depict?

Christ this show is hot! :cool: By far THE quickest hour on television for me, of course it doesn't help when DVR's start cutting off prematurly, NBC needs to turn their attention to that problem ASAP. Thanks Wendy my dear for filling me in on what happened. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was obvious from the first episode that they were setting up Micah to have an unnatural level of smarts for his age.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. DL's hand went in her lower chest and came out of her upper chest and grabbed her throat. I think he choked her unconscious.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Exactly, if we recall Micah was repairing his motherboard from his computer. Sounds like to me his power will be some form of ultra intellect.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

The voiceover guy calls him "the face of evil," though VO may be full of it.

I wish Niki would stay dead. She is just death every time she is on screen. The show just grinds to a halt. The writing is pretty poor around her, too. She and DL whisper in the house, and the cop knocks on the door. The next scene, she and DL are speaking with raised voices in front of a window with partially opened blinds, and nothing. It's too much to ask for, but I'd rather just focus on DL from here out and drop the Ali Larter baggage.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
ditto on dropping the Ali Larter character. Ali's hot and a decent actress but the character is boring. I would easily rather the writers spend more time with Parkman then Nikki. DL in his whole time on screen was far more interesting. I'm wondering if Micah is a sort of Franklin Richards, born of two Mutants, it'll be interesting to see what his powers are, especially now that he's with his father.

I'm still not certain about Claire's dad, I don't know if he's evil or not, I think he's obviously protecting his daughter, I'm wondering if he's protecting her from the "company".

My other question is how will Peter's power react with all the mutants in one room, I mean you get Claire, Nathan, Issac, Parkman and at least Hiro in the room, Peter in theory should basically become Superman. Or will it overload his body?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
On the other hand, Hiro continues to be the heart and soul of Heroes. It was great how he lit up when his future self was described. "I get a sword!"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Well, I saw that he was smart in the pilot, but I just figured eh, he's a smart kid and didn't consider anything else.

As for Niki, I don't know, she's starting to grow on me and her storyline is getting a tad better, it should really pick up now that DL has taken Micah and left her for dead.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Hereos is at the sweet spot for me. Every week I enjoy exactly what they choose to show and with a few minor exceptions, the actors they choose to show it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks