What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I think the bomb plot will reveal a deeper struggle that the heroes will take part in. It is just Act I of the larger plot, I think, and the catalyst that brings them all together.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Clare's dad is really a bad guy in terms of being malevolent; he just seems very comfortable with ends justifying the means.

As to the way the macrostory is going, a couple of the writers do incredibly uninformative interviews on ComicBookResources.com and they say the structure is going to be "more Buffy, less Lost", as in episode 22 will be a conclusion, rather than it being just an endless serial.

My pet theory: Syler is accumulating different powers by eating the brains of the people who have them (or something similar but slightly less gross), and by the time they catch up to him in NYC, he'll have too much and will be primed to explode... Or even better, they can't kill him because that would set him off.

Depends what you do while you're in there, I guess. If he's crushing her heart, yeah, she's dead. He might just be squeezing the air out of her lungs, or even temporarily disrupting nerve signals in her spinal cord.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
There seems to be 2 Nicki's - 1 with Tatoo and powers and 1 without any power except for being able to contact the other in a mirror...so perhaps the one without (and without any powers) has been killed...unleashing the powerful one full time...????

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Just to clarify we have DL who stole 2 million from his boss because making 30 k on a construction job doesn't help your family. Then we have dark Nikki who killed his crew, stole the money and set him up for the murders. Then we have good Nikki who was innocent until she decided that she like the idea of 2 million dollars more than a husband.

Neither is a good guy IMO.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Yeah, I suspected that too.

And I definitely do not think Niki is dead. I just don't see why they would kill off one of their main characters so soon. I think she's just passed out.

So loving this show.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Well, one of the creators of Wonderfalls is a producer on the show.

And you know, I can't think of any reason why Jaye couldn't be a superhero with the power to speak with inanimate objects. I can just picture her leaning on the corner in the store when Barrel Bear looks at her and says, "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

I thought he said he backed out of the 2mil theft job. Then someone else took his place and afterwards murdered the others. Although stealing 2mil from a gangster and murdering a dozen people aren't even in the same ballpark, imho.

I hope Niki's dead. I prefer shows that aren't afraid to kill off characters and shock the fans a little. Of course, if Hiro does a "do-over" then Niki's fate may be different anyways.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Apparently there is a casting rumor going around. According to imdb (and we know how accurate they are...:)), Sean Bean
will show up as Sylar
in some upcoming episodes. I like it if true, but I'm not convinced.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Not sure how I feel about the prospect of "do overs". Having a character who can bend space and time will lead to some of those issues being addressed. I just hope the can do it without it seeming random or getting bogged down in the technicalities. The problem with "do overs" is that someone can keep attempting to fix an event indefinately. Unless they take the Butterfly Affect approach.

I just read the online comic and it basically portrays DL as being innocent of everything and Niki as being responsible for everything. Which seems slightly inconsitant with last nights episode.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't think Hiro will actually get a chance to do a "do-over" - he already seems to grasp the possibility that interfering with events that have already happened might be very bad (though likely for no reason other than "that's what always happens in the movies"), though he doesn't know that Future-Hiro somehow knows this is true. I expect we'll eventually have an episode where he tries and learns this the hard way. Anyway, it's probably just something Ando said to him in order to get him to stop moping and get back to his regular spazzy self.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was pretty much laid out that Hiro is going to go back and stop 'Niki' from killing all those people. This will in turn change all of the events that lead up to Niki being killed/unconcious.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

That's what I gather, I recall Claire's dad picking it up in the apartment. It will be interesting to see why this guy has so much power. Sylar is under his command, this girl is under his command and he is always talking to somebody on the phone and the impression I get is that it's not the girl alone, almost as if some agency he is contacting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks