What's new

Heroes - August 28 (1 Viewer)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I love the box art on this set, looks cool, much better than one with a cast pic on it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I am just the opposite. To me... the boxart looks fine.. but is a little on the plain side for my taste. I always prefered the coverart to have the cast photos. But that is just my opinion. :)

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator

I agree completely. While many box arts do look very nice I have grown a little tired of always having the protagonists' faces on the covers. I know, it's an important selling point, but I've always welcomed shows with more than "just faces" on the boxes....Lost comes to mind, as do Six Feet Under, Rome, Millennium and Dead Like Me (Season 1). And I absolutely love the design of that Heroes box.

Anyway, as happy as I am to read about all this, I am still rather clueless whether to buy the dvd-box (which I could watch right away) or to hold out for the HD-DVDs, respectively for myself getting a HD-player. I'm not in the US so I am rather curious about Heroes, but I KNOW that at the end of the day, I'll want it in HD.
Tough life..... :)

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

Unless I'm missing something [wouldn't be the first time], it looks like the tvshowsondvd.com link does NOT include information about extras. According to the site listed below, the extras are:

"audio commentaries, the original un-aired pilot episode with optional commentary, deleted scenes, a making of featurette, a special effects featurette, and a stunts featurette. ... This will include all of the above, along with additional material (PIP video commentaries, a Genetic Abilities test, and more)."

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/heroes.html

I'll definitely buy the standard release of this one. Because of work [I often have meetings on Monday nights], I rarely get to watch the show in HD, so downgrading to standard DVD isn't a big deal to me.

I wonder if the video commentaries are the ones from the official website? And there's no mention of the series of online graphic novels that are available on the website. I had expected that they would be included as well.

Regards,
mattl

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone find it odd that episode 20 is listed as being called String Theory by TVSHowsOnDVD? Wasn't it called Five Years Gone?

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

I believe the original title was String Theory, but was changed at the last minute to Five Years Gone. I remember my DVR guide showing String Theory.

I wish I had a HDTV and that HD-DVD was the only HD format around because then, I would pick that version up. Hayden Panettierre and Ali Larter in HD? :D

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron

I find that a lot of the sets with pics of cast members on the cover tend to blend in together on the shelf at a store. I'm usually pressed for time when I go to Wal-mart and I usually do a quick glance over the DVDs. When I went to buy Beauty and the Beast season 1, I didn't see it the first time I looked. I think Smallville is the worst, the covers are bland and uninteresting and are troo similiar in design. Lost's have been really good so far. I love that the one for Heroes stands out from most other sets. I doubt I'd have any problem spotting it. Plus, if I had never even heard of the series, I'd stop and pick up the box to see what the show is about based on that box art.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for that. I certainly think its an interesting title - and I think preferable to the more obvious "Five Years Gone".

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I thought I read that the DVD set was going to include additional scenes/footage for each episode. Is this true?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Cool they have them, but a bummer there not finishing them up to include in the episodes on the DVD.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I'm kind of disappointed it looks like they aren't including the online comics. I'd have liked to be able to read them on the DVD between episodes.

noswalc

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey Clawson
I'm also disappointed to see that the online comics aren't mentioned. I have one other concern though. It appears to me that the only commentaries mentioned in these press releases are the PIP ones exclusive to the HD-DVD release. Someone please assure me that I'm being paranoid. I'm really hoping for commentaries on the standard release.

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator

Presumably, the PIP video commentaries are the ones from the official website. Is there a reason why they couldn't be included on the standard DVDs as well? Obviously, they'd take up more space on the discs, which might result in the set having more discs, but other than that...?

It's great to see that Tim Sale will also get some attention. I always loved his art in the comics. I loved his work on creator Matt Wagner's GRENDEL series.

mattl

noswalc

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey Clawson

Sounds like the logical solution to me. That's what I'm hoping for.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Well, after watching the season finale last night...I'm definitely glad that I'm getting this set!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks