What's new

Here's one I never thought I'd see: The Barbara Stanwyck Show (1 Viewer)

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt

Episode 32 is floating around out there in P2P land, but I haven't seen it.

According to Marsh & Brooks' "Complete Directory", the four episodes not starring Miss Stanwyck were pilots for other series, featuring Lloyd Nolan, Peggy Cass, Andy Devine and Milton Berle(!). No idea how many, or even if we'll get them in volume one.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I'm a big fan of Barbara Stanwyck having about 20 of her films on DVD and what is available for Big Valley. However, this show is before my time and I know nothing about it except for what is readily available reading material online. So it would be appreciated if anyone has any first hand knowledge to share about this show.

What I did find out is that a site is taking pre-orders now and listing more information about the release, see The Barbara Stanwyck Show, Vol. 1

=============================================
SYNOPSIS:
Throughout her illustrious career, Barbara Stanwyck enraptured Hollywood, starring in almost 100 films (including Double Indemnity and Sorry, Wrong Number) and capturing four Oscar-nominations. After conquering the silver screen, Barbara took on the world of television earning Emmy-nominations for her roles in “The Thorn Birds” and “The Big Valley.”

In the acclaimed NBC anthology series, The Barbara Stanwyck Show, the beloved actress served as hostess and starred in all but four of the productions. This collection showcases 15 of the most memorable dramas from the Emmy award-winning series.

Featuring an all-star cast including Milton Berle, Lee Marvin, Vic Morrow and Ralph Bellamy.

- The Key to a Killer
- House in Order
- The Miraculous Journey of Tadpole Chan
- The Secret of Mrs. Randall
- Ironbark’s Bride
- Out of the Shadows
- Night Visitors
- Size Ten
- Dear Charlie
- Dragon by the Trail
- The Sisters
- Big Career
- Confession
- Along the Barbary Coast
- Shock

BONUS FEATURES:

“Sponsor’s Table” (Unaired Pilot Episode)
Barbara Stanwyck’s 1961 Emmy acceptance speech
Booklet with written contributions by film historian Robert Osborne
=============================================

I also saw another post from April where someone was trying to locate additional episodes for a stated upcoming DVD release. The episodes are:

- The Mink Coat (OBD: 09/19/60)
- Good Citizen (OBD: 10/03/60)
- Discreet Deception (OBD: 10/10/60)
- Seventh Miracle (OBD: 10/17/60)
- We are the Women Who Wait (OBD: 12/05/60)
- No One (OBD: 12/26/60)
- Cornerstone (OBD: 01/02/61)
- Adventure on Happiness Street (OBD: 03/20/61)
- Call Me Annie (OBD: 04/10/61)
- Little Big Mouth (OBD: 05/08/61)
- The Triple C (OBD: 05/22/61)

Charles H

Screenwriter
Jack Nicholson appeared in "The Mink Coat," the first episode. Since it is listed as "Volume I" and the show ran only one season, I hope that the optimism is justified. Did Stanwyck receive a Best TV actress Emmy for the series or a specific episode?

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

According to IMDB she won the Emmy for the series as a whole and not just a specific episode.

It is listed as having a total of 36 episodes. With 15 slated for volume 1 and a potential 11 MIA that leaves 10 other episodes currently available. I'm assuming volume 2 will have the 10 and any others they can dig up. Hopefully, they are getting quality prints.

Unfortunately. the price is kind of steep for only 15 thirty-minute episodes (MSRP: $40, pre-order: $28).

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I can't honestly say I remember the show, as I was watching either "Hennessey" starring Jackie Cooper or Warner's "Adventures In Paradise" which ran opposite on Monday nights. But this is the proverbial no-brainer for me, for like Brad I'm a major-league fan of Miss Stanwyck.

Charles H

Screenwriter
It would be nice to see "The DuPont Show with June Allyson" released on dvd. There was aod particlularlt memorable episode called "Silent Panic" with Harpo Marx in a dramatic role as a department store window "mechanical man' who witnessed a murder. Some of the casting in those early anthologies was truly "once-in-a-lifetime.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors