What's new

HERE'S LUCY: SEASON 4 - MARCH 29TH, 2011 (1 Viewer)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
It's coming:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Heres-Lucy-Season-4/14746

The first Here's Lucy season without series regular Desi Arnaz, Jr. He left the series by the end of the third season to pursue other projects. As a result, Mary Jane Croft's role in the show expands a bit. She plays Lucy's best friend, Mary Jane Lewis, in this season. This character might be the only one that knew both Lucy Carter and Lucy Carmichael (from The Lucy Show) as she appeared in both shows. This season also marks the very last time that Vivian Vance (Vivian Bagley from The Lucy Show, Ethel Mertz from I Love Lucy) appears on a Lucille Ball television series. As stated in the Lucy Book, it was planned for Vivian to join the series as Lucie Arnaz's character would be spun-off into her own show but it all fell through as Vivian developed cancer and the pilot (Here's Lucy no. #96) for Lucie Arnaz's show failed to greenlight a series.

List of episodes in this season:

1. "Lucy and Mannix Are Held Hostage" (episode #73)

2. "Lucy and the Candid Camera" (episode #74)

3. "Lucy and the Italian Bombshell" (episode #75)

4. "Lucy Makes a Few Extra Dollars" (episode #76)

5. "Lucy and the Astronauts" (episode #77)

6. "Lucy and Her All-Nun Band" (episode #78)

7. "Someone's on the Ski Lift with Dinah" (episode #79)

8. "Lucy and the Mountain Climber" (episode #80)

9. "Lucy and Flip Go Legit" (episode #81)

10. "Lucy and the Celebrities" (episode #82)

11. "Lucy's Lucky Day" (episode #83)

12. "Ginger Rogers Comes To Tea" (episode #84)

13. "Won't You Come Down, Dan Dailey?" (episode #85)

14. "Lucy's Bonus Bouncees" (episode #86)

15. "Lucy Helps David Frost Go Night-Night" (episode #87)

16. "Lucy In the Jungle" (episode #88)

17. "Lucy and the Chinese Curse" (episode #89)

18. "Kim Moves Out" (episode #90)

19. "Lucy Sublets the Office" (episode #91)

20. "Lucy and the Little Old Lady" (episode #92)

21. "Lucy's Replacement" (episode #93)

22. "With Viv as a Friend, Who Needs an Enemy?" (#94)

23. "Lucy's Punctured Romance" (#95)

24. "Kim Finally Cuts You-Know-Who's Apron Strings" (#96)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
When Mary Jane Lewis was known as Betty Ramsey, she also knew Lucy Ricardo!

And the year before that, as another person, she flew home from Europe, sitting next to Lucy and her baby Cheddar -- uh, Chester!

Be that as it may, it would be great if 2011 would finish off THE LUCY SHOW and HERE'S LUCY.

Since Lucy's specials are also being released, all we Lucy fans would need was her last ill-fated series, LIFE WITH LUCY, some episodes of which have never been seen!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Are the episodes in the list in post #1 in production order, as on EpGuides.com it has the "Lucy and Mannix are Held Hostage" as the fourth aired episode in Here's Lucy's fourth season?

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Yes, this guy loves production order. Go by TV.com's order. All the shows on their website go by air order, which most people feel, in the great majority of cases, is the correct way to watch the shows.

HarrisonCarter

Auditioning
Real Name
Harrison Carter
Revised and Finalized Cover art and exclusive details on the Special Features can be found here:

http://www.gale-gordon.com/

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by JohnMor

I HATE waiting. Once they announce it, they need to just let me buy it right then. LOL.

It will be here before you know it. Just be glad that we will see this series get completed. After that, there will be no more waiting. Heck, we won't even have to wait for some network to pick the series up and air it. Those days are almost over.

Executive

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Margulis
This season also marks the very last time that Vivian Vance (Vivian Bagley from The Lucy Show, Ethel Mertz from I Love Lucy) appears on a Lucille Ball television series.

That's true as far as regular series go, but we should also include a TV special taped in 1977 called "Lucy Calls the President", which was really a throwback to The Lucy Show, even though her character has yet another last name: Whittaker!

Vivian Vance was Viv of course. Gale Gordon played Omar Whittaker.

It also had Mary Jane Croft as Midge and Mary Wickes as Millie.

The guests on that special included Steve Allen, Ed McMahon, and Lillian Carter (the President's mother!).
Too bad Lucy and Viv never got that anticipated phone call from Jimmy....

That was the last thing Vance did before she permanently retired. She died 2 years later.

There were also 3 Honeymooners TV specials in the mid 1970s reuniting the entire

core 1950s cast of The Jackie Gleason Show. I barely remember those from my 70s childhood,

and one wonders if they'll ever see the light of DV-Day.

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Originally Posted by Executive

There were also 3 Honeymooners TV specials in the mid 1970s reuniting the entire

core 1950s cast of The Jackie Gleason Show. I barely remember those from my 70s childhood,

and one wonders if they'll ever see the light of DV-Day.

There were four "Honeymooners" TV specials in the 1970s, and three were released on DVD from MPI Home Video during the past year.

- THE HONEYMOONERS SECOND HONEYMOON (1976)

- THE HONEYMOONERS VALENTINE SPECIAL (1977)

- JACKIE GLEASON'S HONEYMOONERS CHRISTMAS (1978)

Of two Christmas specials, only the first one, THE HONEYMOONERS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL (1977) is waiting for a DVD release.

The four "Honeymooners" specials reunited only 75% of the 1950s cast: Gleason, Meadows and Carney. Jane Kean continued as 'Trixie', after stepping into the role for THE JACKIE GLEASON SHOW episodes of 1966 - 1970.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
That makes me feel sorry for Joyce Randolph, even though she clearly never made the impact (remotely) that Gleason, Carney and Meadows made. Why wasn't she asked to rejoin the original cast?

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff

That makes me feel sorry for Joyce Randolph, even though she clearly never made the impact (remotely) that Gleason, Carney and Meadows made. Why wasn't she asked to rejoin the original cast?

Based on Jane's memoir, she and her husband became close, personal friends of the Gleasons. She doesn't say it herself, but it inferred to me that Jackie honored that friendship by keeping her in the role.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Originally Posted by Brent S

Based on Jane's memoir, she and her husband became close, personal friends of the Gleasons. She doesn't say it herself, but it inferred to me that Jackie honored that friendship by keeping her in the role.

[/QUOTE]

At a screening of "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" in which Jane sang "Winter was Warm" it was mentioned that Jane was the first choice for Trixie all along, but wasn't available originally. When the show was revived in the sixties in a musical format, Jane was offered the role because of her reputation as a singer and her willingness to work in Miami Beach.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Just learned a few minutes ago that the character actress Peggy Rea has passed away. She appeared in a lot of television shows over the years including both Here's Lucy and I Love Lucy. She recently did an episode introduction for the "Lucy and Eva Gabor" episode on the first season DVD set of Here's Lucy. She will definitely be missed.

Executive

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Margulis
Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney

Just learned a few minutes ago that the character actress Peggy Rea has passed away. She appeared in a lot of television shows over the years including both Here's Lucy and I Love Lucy. She recently did an episode introduction for the "Lucy and Eva Gabor" episode on the first season DVD set of Here's Lucy. She will definitely be missed.

I remember Peggy Rea from her guest appearances in the later years of The Red Skelton Show
and also on All in the Family. She never really made much of an impact as a character actress, but she was adept at her job.

Awww, Peggy was wonderful as LuLu Hogg on The Dukes of Hazzard. I have been watching all of I Love Lucy in honor of the 60th Anniversary year (and the 100th anniversary of the birth of Lucille), and enjoying Rea's performances. What a wonderful lady.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
So excited for Season 4! Hopefully, they will speed along and release the last 2 seasons quickly. Can't wait to complete this series on dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks