Here is the result of my 15-80hz sine sweep(included)...I need some help please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael_T_Jones, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Michael_T_Jones

Michael_T_Jones Auditioning

I ran a slow sweep (5 seconds per frequency change ) and this is roughly what I got.
    http://www.msnusers.com/TheJonesHouse/files/graph2%2Ejpg
    As you can see it starts out hovering around 90 db and then peaks at [email protected]
    Then it drops quickly to around [email protected]..then back up and levels off at [email protected]
    I have the Behringer Feedback Pro unit to try and tame my Velodyne FSR-15. I don't know if it can.
    The sub is located in a corner of the room, but can't really be moved because it is inside a full wall unit. I've tried turning it back and forth inside, but no luck.
    The Behr. unit can only work with 12 bands, right? Which 12 am I going to try and work with? Can I run the #1 output back into the #2 input on the Pro unit and then out to the sub? What problems would one get from doing that? That would hypothetically give me 24 bands instead of 12, correct?
    Any comments and help would be greatly appreciated!
    Mike

2. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

Michael:
    If you'll run a search in this section for BFD, you'll find a number of threads on the subject including one on feeding one equalizer back into the other.
    I can't imagine, however, ever needing that many filters for any sub equalization.
    Deane

3. Michael_T_Jones

Michael_T_Jones Auditioning

Ok, thanks

4. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Michael
    I can't get the plot graphic to load. But please understand that you can't boost a room induced "null" with EQ. Any major dip, particularly one in the "60Hz" range, is almost always a result of the geometry of the room. As a result, only moving the sub, or changing the shape of the room will "solve" the problem
    Yes, you can use the BFD as a mono 24 band EQ. That of course, won't solve the problem with your room.
    Hope this help
    Thomas

5. Timmy

Timmy Stunt Coordinator

Also remember that your sub is probably spec'd at plus-minus 3db (meaning a 6db overall variance). If you want to really do a thorough LFE EQ job; color in a 4db width "band" across your chart (which equates to a plus-minus 2db variance) and don't try and correct any peaks within this band.
    KISS
    ------------------