What's new

Here is my sub...any suggestions...(pics) (1 Viewer)

Brett Creider

Stunt Coordinator
Well she's been finished for a couple of days....so here are some crappy pics of it....

Construction:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Here it is compared to the $175 KLH 10 in the living room.

Pic 5

And here it is now, where I use it most.

Pic 6

Bad placement? Good? What you think?

(Admin note - photos changed to links - just to nice to our members on a dial-up internet connection)

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Looks pretty good, when are you going to paint it? Some polyfilla should even out the edges and cover the screws.
I built the same sub without the remote and in a 170L box. I am the guy who was bitchin about the sony amp. I ended up getting the adire 250W.
Also, I may be wrong but it looks like you are only using one VC in the picture. Did you wire them in parallel, maybe I just missed it.
Make sure that box is airtight. Even if there are small holes they will whistle or cause the driver to bottom out. I used lots of silicone around the Tempest and in the corners.

Brett Creider

Stunt Coordinator
What's not in the pics is the caulk, polyfill, more screws, ProBond, and the bracing.

It is wired in parallel and it is HEAVILY caulked on the inside and I plan to smooth out the outside and do something with it one day...

The bracing is done just as Adire wanted me to do it, and there is 60oz of polyfill, 4oz short of what they reccomended.

VinhT

Second Unit
Does the plate amp need to be sealed? I have only dealt with one DIY plate amp (PE 150W) and it had its own enclosure, so it is an honest question.

LanceEAR

Agent
What is the size of the enclosure? This is a sealed enclosure, correct?

I was thinking of doing a vented Tempest but the size may not be acceptable to the wife. Seeing what you have in perspective to the desk may be alright with her...assuming I can conjure up some skills to make it look like an end table or something :)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
i was just wondering if you had the front enclosure wall backwards. looks like the back piece has a larger diameter hole for the woofer as compared to the front. were you gonna flush mount the driver and then changed your mind or is there another reason?

eric

Brett Creider

Stunt Coordinator
I was going to flush mount the driver but the person who I borrowed the router from...cut the hole with it too...

And they aren't lined up right. One hole is lower than the other, so I had to scrap it but I still used it for extra bracing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks