Here is my current budget plan, does it seem decent?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Irfan Khan, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Irfan Khan

Irfan Khan Auditioning

i plan to get an kenwood 6060, 6.1 ...

and use the nsp-1 pack for the 4 surrounds and center, and maybe n38s up front for 6.1? well 7.1 technically

current im testing 4 N26IIs for the mains and surrounds with a NcenterII center channel.. and the sound effects in the the phantom menace are excellent, but the dialogue can be frustrating depending on who is speaking. the volume is much too low sometimes, then i raise the volume and its too loud for the effects (i live in an apartment... otherwise this isnt a problem).

would 3 ways up front help with the dialogue? Im in college and cant really afford the s series, unless i get the S26s for 150/pr at bestpriceaudiovideo. however, is the 26's wont sound good with dialogue i dont know if i will try that or not.

Thank for for the help

2. Justin H

Justin H Stunt Coordinator

The dialogue should be handled solely by the N-Center so changing your fronts wouldn't be the answer. What receiver are you currently using? This could likely be the problem.

BTW - I have an N-center, N38's up front and N26's for surrounds. The N-center is fully capable of providing nice clear dialogue if you pair it with a good receiver.

3. Irfan Khan

Irfan Khan Auditioning

im using a kenwood 6050