Here is a spoiler......................

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Rogers, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

I will die alone......

Anyone think so..? Not that I will die alone...but you?

Any single people here think that the opposite sex just aint working out too well, and will more than likely end up leapfrogging pad to pad until you die? :b Maybe I am just horrible at anything long term...

2. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Everyone dies alone even if they are surrounded by other people.

3. Ryan Donovan

Ryan Donovan Stunt Coordinator

This is why I plan to get into a great relationship, y'know, that one time in your life where you just have some amazing connection with somebody that you usually end up screwing up by cheating on him/her, or being emotionally unavailable, or something...I'm gonna get into that one great relationship, I'm going find someone I could consider a soulmate, and then I'm gonna kill myself sometime in the middle, while it's still going strong.
    Awright, being serious now (or was I?)...I'm not entirely sure someone can die alone. As long as you've lead a good and full life, you'll always have memories of loved ones, and interesting times, and gah, I just can't keep this sappy stuff up. [​IMG] You get the idea.

4. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

I hope not. [​IMG] Im not to worried about that though. I just hope I:don't die a virgin.

5. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

Considering it's a lot easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend, I'm aftaid of that too...

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    I'm starting to think about that Bridget Jones fear - dying alone and lying undiscovered for several days, being eaten by Alsatians in the meantime. (Or, in my case, cats. And you just know the ungrateful little bastards would do it after a day or so with nobody to open the cans for them. Hell, they'd probably be batting the toe tag around as the paramedics removed the body. [​IMG])
    Regards,
    Joe

7. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Seriously, I've sometimes considered that. I just turned 26 and most of my friends are married, and when I meet women they are usually divorced. So sometimes I wonder, but it never really gets me down. I try and live life as it is now, and will cross those bridges when I come to it. Jeff, alot of people have long-term relationship problems, but with most people, with a little luck we'll find the person we want to spend our lives with, once that leap-frogging thing gets old [​IMG]
    Chris

8. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

9. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

10. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

You know what Julie? That changed my whole view on the subject.
    I'm no longer worried about dying alone. I'm worried about dying without enough pets to finish the meal. [​IMG][​IMG]

11. MikeF

MikeF Stunt Coordinator

12. DavidMich

DavidMich Stunt Coordinator

If you have God, (any God, take your pick....)
    Then you are never really alone.....whether you are alive or dead.

13. joe rizzuto

joe rizzuto Stunt Coordinator

jeff, it might be interesting to compare 'war' stories with you sometime. i have pretty much resigned myself to living, being and dying alone. it's a decision at this point and, believe it or not, i'm ok with it. i have never been very good at this long term relationship thing and after wife number four sent me packing a few years ago i decided to just go it alone. ya gotta go with your strengths.

14. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

I have pretty much come to the same conclusion now too. And I am starting to live with it. I just can't see marrying out of desperation....it scares me. :b

15. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

I have that fear too. Am i going to die alone? Will my family be as crushed as i'll be if one of them die? Will i be as crushed as i think i'll be if one of my family dies? Will i have a girlfriend or wife when i die? Will she have been a gold-digger and only waiting for me to die, a la Anna Nicole Smith? I wish my girlfriend was thinner. Why do i wish my girlfriend was thinner? Is it right to judge a person on beauty?

16. joe rizzuto

joe rizzuto Stunt Coordinator

jeff,
    i wonder if being married is worth it at all. i firmly believe that 'we' (humans) are meant to be coupled. but i also believe that some of 'us' are meant to be single. i don't think that is a bad thing.
    i have friends, to play with, to drink with, listen to music & watch movies with. some are pretty, some are pretty nice, some are both. i lack for company mostly when i choose and i choose that regularly. would i like it different? in the past, yes, but i had those times and it was not all that satisfying. in truth, if the 'right' one knocked on my door, i'm not really sure what i would do. at this very moment, i doubt i would take the chance.

17. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

What a depressing thread. [​IMG]

18. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

If you're not happy being alone then try joining something like www.match.com. I'm not afraid of dying alone. I'm afraid of dying without having changed the world in some way, either by putting music out there that people know about or writing stuff that people respect.
    I am more afraid of not being able to care for my mum as she gets older - me I can take care of myself. Death is just death...
    Come on people, let's cheers up. You gotta get your head in a good place like Julie K.
    And I just checked Jeff's profile and he's three years younger than me!! Get happy, man!! [​IMG]

19. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

Wow, this has got to be the most depressing post I've read in a LONG time! Think I'm going to drink now...

20. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

I'll die quietly in my sleep....unlike the 39 screaming passengers on the bus I will be driving at the time.