Here comes ODYSSEY 5

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rick P, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4614

Sony really tried to keep this show going after Showtime stupidly canned it. Shopped it to other networks (including SciFi).

"Bonus Features are being explored for the set"

Here's a bonus feature for you SONY, get Manny Coto down in front of a camera in an interview and tell us WHAT THE REST OF THE STORY WAS.

2. John*D

John*D Second Unit

I saw the PILOT when it originally aired b/c of a FREE Showtime weekend. I always wondered how the show went on after that...

I'll probably pick this up.

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Rick, I passed this on to them a few months ago. I stressed that would "make" the set for the fans, and they agreed. Cross your fingers!

Gord

4. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

Let's hope it's widescreen. Jeremiah aired right after O5 (in HD) and that dvd set was 4:3.

5. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

That's something else that needs to be passed on Gord, WIDESCREEN only. I saw the cropped versions and it was painfully obvious it was cropped!

6. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

I forget how many episodes Showtime aired, but it seems like it was less than 10. I think we actually signed up for Showtime just to see this show. Last year when I traded up for the DVR, I finally cancelled Showtime.

7. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

There were 20 episodes, counting the 2-hr pilot. Showtime aried 14 of them (ending in '02) The last 6 episodes aired in Canada and the UK in '03, but not on Showtime till '04. HDNet has been running them for a while now.

8. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

Maybe we'll see Christopher Gorham's other short-lived, cult series, "Jake 2.0" from Paramount. With the 4 unaired episodes and the original music. Extras would be much appreciated.

9. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

10. John*D

John*D Second Unit

That would be cool. UPN/Paramount never did send out those FREE Pilot episode DVDs...

11. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Actually the 4 unaired eps have aired on HDNet...

12. Kris_AB

Kris_AB Stunt Coordinator

Of Jake 2.0 ? I got mine (and the offer was exclusive to the States so it shouldn't have made it to me in Canada, but here's a tip for fellow Canadians--when the zip code field doesn't let you input postal codes, or the states field doesn't include provices, just seperate them with commas beside your street address. Sometimes you get lucky, the person sending out the free offer or prizes doesn't care or whatever, they're using company credit to pay for postage anyway). It included both the pilot ("The Tech") and the tenth episode, "The Spy Who Really Liked Me". Actually the feeling of the ending of that episode is really changed on the free DVD, with sombre barely-just-survived kind of music when Jake and Laura Harris' character reunite, compared to the aired version with the triumphant and pop-y Finger Eleven's "One Thing" song.

I'd really like to see Odyssey 5. Didn't even know what it was until very recently (and ohhh Jeremiah got mentioned. Don't get me started, still pissed at MGM for messing with it and causing JMS to quit the series, which no doubt contributed to its cancellation). Big fan of Christopher Gorham from his time on Felicity, his one-time spot on Buffy's second season, and of course Jake. Tried to watch Medical Investigation for him and that guy from Band of Brothers, but both of them were wasted on that shitty procedural drivel.