What's new

Here Are Some Pictures Of My Home Theater Construction (1 Viewer)

Ted White

Agent
many pics of the replacement of my steel support beam.
Link Removed
Feel free to e-mail with any questions.
Ted

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Its gonna be a great theater!
Keep us updated!
icon14.gif

------------------
Go see my new theater CINEMAX! updated 2001-08-01
Then please sign my guestbook!!
seatviewthumb.JPG

http://cine-max.tripod.com/cinemax/

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
So why did you set the studs at 12" OC? Is it for acoustic reasons? structure? I can't see any structural reason for it. If it's part of the acoustical treatment, please educate.
Thanks.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Ted White

Agent
Hey Bill,
The thinking is that stiff walls, or really stiff surfaces in general are less apt to be a potential bass absorber. For example, it's possible for a wall with Resilient Channel to act as a bass absorber. The slightly flexible wall can act as a diaphram. I say CAN.
So I was contemplating that the inner walls, because they're not attached to the original joists above, would be inherently "softer". The 12" on center construction was a precaution. I figured the cost difference wans't significant enough to worry about it, and the insulation was available in 12" widths.
Ted

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Ted,
Looks great! Please continue to post pictures so we can observe the project.
In the near future I'd like to build a dedicated HT room and would be most curious to hear how you acquired the knowledge of how to prepare a room for a HT (i.e. using floating joists, building the radius & stage, etc.). Did you acquire all of this information from experience, a book, HT designers, hometheaterforum, etc.?
------------------
Scott

Ted White

Agent
Dennis Erskine for the design and acoustic background. He's THE man. The rest is just trial and error. I networked a lot and asked silly question two and three times.
Ted

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Looking good. I like the isolation touches such as the spot light boxes. Nice attention to detail.
What exactly is "play sand"?
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks