What's new

Here are my HT room pics (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Mark,
The set up looks good...I wish I had a bonus room like that for my system! Unfortunately, it's relegated to the den. :frowning:

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
seems like your L + R mains would be too far apart for your seating position unless your room is long and you sit far back. Otherwise, looks great!

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Mark,

That's a very nice looking setup you have there. The two things I would suggest would be to first use stands on both of your 602's. Second, I would pull them out from the front plane the the entertainment center. Try to have the back plane of the speakers ahead of the front plane of the e-center, and perhaps work sith some toe-in.. Other than that, everything looks great

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Very clean and nice setup. Well organized. I like it like that. You have made optimum use of the room by the looks of it.

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Hey thanks everyone for the input...keep it comming! I would love to put the 602 on a stand but I am limited an room...that sub it a big bitch and that is about the only place for it and the bass in the sweet spot suffers from it...but this will have to do for now till I get a better room!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Well, since everyone else gave suggestions/recommendations...

I definitely agree on getting that left front off of the sub and onto a stand. Dang, I'd bet it rattles a good bit on heavier bass passages!

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
I have some rubber feet from rat shack on the bottom of it...so it doesnt move at all...is that what you are talking about. Trust me...I would If I could...but I have no room for the sub anywhere else :frowning:

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Great room man! I have a very similar speaker hookup, with an LCR6 in the center instead of a CC6. Are you thinking of going RPTV in the future? It would be an awesome setup in that room! Adding the RPTV, removing the entertainment center and replacing it with a rack would allow you to bring those 602S2's in a bit.

Also, a 6500k backlight (or "bias" light) would look awesome in that room shining back on the wall behind the TV. It would take quite a bit of strain off of the eyes also. You can assemble one for less that $19 with a quick trip to Home Depot. I had relatives see my setup over the holidays, and three of them set their own up when they got back home. My grandmother (Who has a new Hitachi digital widescreen) liked the backlight so much she refuses to turn ANY other lights on in the living room!

Good luck, you certainly have a nice setup.

Pete

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I would pull the left and right fronts up more as well. Currently if you were listening from the center the fronts will be farther off than the center...it would be better to make an arc.
The distance between the fronts is a bit wide but given the fact that it seems like you sit far away, it should be okay.
It sounds kinda cool when sounds pull you to one side of the room, but the idea is to not be too distracted by sounds from the sides and have a nice integrated sound stage.
Great setup, I wish I had a dedicated space for my HT.
I had to dissolve my setup because I just didn't have enough space to work with...now I watch DVD's through the TV speakers :frowning:

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Ok I did some mesuring so here it goes:

The room is 21'1" front to back and 12'7" wide

FL to the FR is 10'2"

from the FL or FR to the sweet spot is 14'

From the LR or the RR to the sweet spot is 7'

So with that in mind do yall think they are too far apart or is that about right. As far as the FL on the sub is it effecting the sound that much?? I have some rubber feet on the bottom so it doesn't move at all. I also can set the volum on the center a little lower than the fronts...will that give the ilusion that the FR and the FL are in front of the center??

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
If you are concerned about having a stand and speaker infront of the sub, don't worry, that won't effect the subs sound.

If you have the other stand try putting the L main on a stand infront of the sub with a bit of toe in. Then pull the R main out so that it mirrors the L. If you notice a difference that you like leave it. If you don't change it back.

I don't think 10' is too far apart, in fact 8-10' would seem ideal to me.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Really nice and cozy too. Mine is in the basement but it's for entertaining as well. A room like that my wife would have to put an intercom w/ a flashing light to find me.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Given the situation now, I would suggest you go with everyone else and get a stand for the L speaker. Pull them out in front a little closer to the listening position. If you need to, put them away when you don't use them. If they are in the way. When you watch a movie or listen to music pull them out, and when you're not using it or its in the way, then put them back out of the way. I really would suggest you get the L main on an identical stand though.

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
I have a stand...it wasnt always like this setup...I will try it next time I watch a movie...never thought about doing that but I can just pull them out and put them back when I am done. So what about the room size...is that good...are things too far away or too close??

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Nah it was a saltwater reef tank but the bass made all the rocks fall :D now its some turtles...and they are ok so far.
Its kinda cool you cant tell in the pic but the front bows out like a tv set and its almost the same size as the piss ant 27" tv I have...so its almost like having 2 tv's but one is stuck on the discovery chanel:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks