1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Her are some Infocuse 4805 screenshots from my 9' wide screen

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Luis Gabriel Gerena, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Luis Gabriel Gerena Second Unit

Disclaimer:
    My Fuji 2MP Digital Camera doesnt allow for ISO control thus making very hard accurate and clean pictures in low light situations. Still this is the best of the many pictures I took trying to get clean shots.
    Setup:

Infocus 4805
    DVD Player: HTPC A64 3400 (@2650Mhz)/6600GT/Audigy2/
    ZoomPlayer/ Theatertek/ Dscaler/ ffdshow.
    Screen: DIY Blackout cloth
    Screen Size: 9' Wide (124" diagonal)
    View Distance : 14'

2. Luis Gabriel Gerena

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Very nice.

4. RaymondSteiner

RaymondSteiner Stunt Coordinator

Wow, they look really good, i want a projector now (But it will have to wait a bit...)

5. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Thanks for the opinions. I was afraid of posting them cause the camera does hampers the color balance an sharpness but still looks good enough just keep in mind that it will look even better live. When you get the PJ and if you need any help just let me know. The HTPC setup makes a world of difference.
    Also, I forgot to add the the image you are looking at is a 9' wide screen (124" diag).

6. jim.vaccaro

jim.vaccaro Second Unit

Wow. I can't wait to play with my 4805 (I suspect Santa is bringing me one [​IMG] )

7. John_MackieBass

John_MackieBass Stunt Coordinator

DAYUM!! I cant wait for my 4805 to get in tuesday!

My roommate got the Toshiba TDP-S26 from best buy. We didnt sleep last night, bought the thing this morning and already have 8 hours on it! HAHA [​IMG]

no screen yet... just on a beige wall...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heh heh... a tad bigger than the normal 60" rear projection we watch [​IMG] [​IMG] I overexposed it so you could see the TV size comparison...

[​IMG]

8. RaymondSteiner

RaymondSteiner Stunt Coordinator

4 December is the day i will get my projector, a very good christmas gift

9. Bart_R

Bart_R Stunt Coordinator

Looking good!

Darn, just when I was about ready to go with the Panny 900, I'm getting second thoughts again, now that I've seen how good the 4805 can look (while being much cheaper, of course).

Back to the drawing board [​IMG]

10. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

Bart, 4805 obviously looks great... but with the HTPC it's just absolutely INCREDIBLE!! And I built my HTPC, bought the necessary software and purchased the 4805 all for about the same price as the Panny 700 or 900. I am VERY pleased! [​IMG]

11. Bart_R

Bart_R Stunt Coordinator

Hey Mike, what's this HTPC everyone keeps talking about (I've browsed different threads here)? It seems to me to be an abbreviation of Home Theater Personal Computer. Is that correct? In any case, is it a common and easily acquired and installed appliance?

EDIT: Never mind. I did a little google search and I think I'm getting the gist of it. Did I read correctly that the device can produce different kinds of (including high) resolutions? Also, when this thing upscales a signal, doesn't it matter what the native resolution of your PJ is? In other words, would it really look like a proper HD-signal when the PJ cannot "officially" handle this?

Also, you say you bought it all for the same price of a 900. That of course brings me to the question which you deem better: the 4805 with HTPC or the 900? (Since the latter is the projector I'm currently looking at). You see, if this hardly makes a difference then I might as well go with the 900 after all.

Cheers,
    Bart.

12. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Bart....if u r quite savy with computers then the former route would be ur best bet. HTPCs r like high maintenance girlfriends but once u get 'em up and running solid , they will give u inexplicable pleasure for for so little efort. Another advantage over this is the option of bing able to upgrade muc faster, software or hardware.

13. Bart_R

Bart_R Stunt Coordinator

Well, there's my first snag. I'm not very savvy with computers. So, that "little effort"-benefit wouldn't be there for me. Still, if even with much effort I could get better PQ (than the 900) at the same (or even a lower) price, then I might want to give it a shot.

So, aside from the benefits of upgrades and the like, if you would purely compare the performance (PQ) of the two PJ's (that is the Panny 900 on the one hand, and the 4805 + HTPC on the other), which would be the better choice?

It seems like the more I get to know about PJ's the more difficult my decicion becomes. In some cases I guess ignorance is bliss. But, like anyone, I want the best deal available (with PQ being my main focus). [​IMG]