Henry V DVD... really widescreen?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I tried watching my new Henry V (with Kenneth Branaugh) tongight. It is advertised as being widescreen (in fact, there's even a nice little widescreen vs fullscreen notice on the insert that would make many an HTFer smile), yet fills up the screen when I play the disc.

I'm using a Panasonic RP-91, relatively new floor model with no remote. I haven't gotten around to getting a remote for it so I haven't checked the menu settings. However, other anamorphic DVDs look fine.

Has anyone experienced a problem with this disc?

2. Rain

Rain Producer

Nope, mine plays fine in 1.85:1 anamorphic.

3. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Well, that's a fine dandy of a pickle.
    Can any RP91 owners tell me what the default setting is for the player (4:3 or 16:9)? I'm using a 4:3 TV, so I guess it could be set up for 16:9 and thus distort the image or something.
    I got this disc from the Columbia House DVD club and sending it back would be a hassle, but if it ain't OAR... [​IMG]

5. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Check to make sure your player is not set up to 4:3 pan and scan; some MGM titles are "pan and scan" on the fly and show up as such if the player is set to this mode. The player should be set to 4:3 letterbox.